Bored with Butties phase 16

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 16

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 pm

To try to pick up the Dr Who theme again after last week’s rather excellent barbie, I have to confess to not being a fan, I was always traumatised by the daleks and would hide behind the settee when the inevitable “Exterminate!!.........exterminate!!” command would ring out just before the end of an episode. That was in the good old John Pertwee days, as a kid I never did predict that he would always make some kind of miraculous James Bond-like escape in readiness for the next instalment :oops:

Daleks and sea-devils were about all I remember, so whether the current crop of cybermen are like martians, with green blood and drinking Nitromors for breakfast I’m not sure. But this is what I imagine pork with minced cybermen would look like :lol:

This is a good one to scare the in-laws away, always a good idea to have a few of this type of recipe up your sleeve :lol: and the necessary ingredients lurking in your cupboards. – Ok, you’re not going to get tomatillos or prickly-pear cactus pieces from Tesco but you could go to your local garden centre for the cactus and, erm, accidentally knock some of the leaves off a suitable plant. Or go to somewhere like the RHS place at Wisley, and casually hack some prize exhibit with a machete :lol:

:idea: Don’t eat the pricks :idea: :oops: For convenience, you can get jars or bottles of suitable nopalitos :wink: but not from Asda #-o

Pork, onion, garlic, oregano, chillies, tomatillos and cactus pieces :shock:

Drain the tomatillos & cactus....

....and chop them together :-&

Zap the pork until browned....

....add the onion & garlic then stir in the oregano & chillies....

Add the tomatillos & cactus to the pork with a little stock....

....simmer for 15-20 minutes or until your gas runs out.... #-o

....Season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper and serve with corn tortillas. :shock:
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Re: Bored with Butties phase 16

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Sorry Muz - that looks like something my dog brought up! :-& but I'm sure the cybermen will love it! :)
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:03 pm

What can I say :-& :-& :-& .....DISGUSTING lol :lol:
I'm so glad I waited til after tea to look at this :roll:
Sorry Muz if I see you on Anglesey with any of that I'll be after you “Exterminate!!.........exterminate!!” :wink:
Debs
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Very imaginative - looks unusual, but I would definitely eat it. Nopalitos? Tomatillos?? I know you create your beautiful meals far, far away from here but can next week's culinary delight feature readily available ingredients for those of us who do not live in a cosmopolitan metropolis!! Please?

I'm still trying to find okra for a gumbo recipe which Helen put on here a Very Long Time ago :(

PS I've got my non-Bongoing friends looking on here on a Friday afternoon now! Your fame is spreading, Muz! =D>
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Does it taste as bad as it looks :lol: Very tenuous Dr Who link there, not sure it qualifies really :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

Alison01326 wrote:Nopalitos? Tomatillos?? I know you create your beautiful meals far, far away from here but can next week's culinary delight feature readily available ingredients for those of us who do not live in a cosmopolitan metropolis!! Please?
I'll see what I can rustle up. I did have to go to Edinburgh for the nopalitos and tomatillos - part of the Anstruther Fish Bar expedition :shock:
Alison01326 wrote:PS I've got my non-Bongoing friends looking on here on a Friday afternoon now! Your fame is spreading, Muz! =D>
That's a depressing thought - people up & down the country thinking "Ooo, it's Friday, I wonder what Muz had for lunch" :? :lol:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:46 am

Muzorewa wrote:That's a depressing thought - people up & down the country thinking "Ooo, it's Friday, I wonder what Muz had for lunch" :? :lol:
Well, bored with butties says it all. Of course people want to know what you're having for your lunch. I know plenty of people who can't think beyond fish on Fridays :wink:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat May 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi
if it doesn't contain fish or peanuts(discovered that allergy last week in a big collapsy way :lol: :lol: :lol: )...then I'll eat it....and DEFINITELY eat anything with chillies....I like eating raw chillies...the hottest one i've eaten raw was a bhut jolokia....so hotter the better
Shame we just can't buy anything like that tinned produce here....I have to import stuff....I dearly want some Jamaican ingredients!!!...
Alison...try an Indian shop if there are any near you...Okra is called Bhindi , or Ladies Fingers...they have a prickly outer , but if you are careful, they are tasty raw....
Anyway...that dish looks tasty...keep 'em coming
It's Barbi weather here now...mid twenties and rising daily....scrummy outdoor scran 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Off Message”