Bored with Butties phase 20

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 20

Post by Muzorewa » Mon May 24, 2010 2:09 pm

I was contemplating starting a series of “Bored with Barbecues” threads but thought slightly better of it. This is a quick interim thought after the lovely weekend we’ve had. Yesterday evening I was sat with a glass (or two) of vino, supervising Jr rustling up this little lot....

Four chicken breasts, sliced....

....two chorizo, two onions & five cloves of garlic........

....400g haddock, 1kg rice, 4 pints stock....

....plenty of mussels & a kilogram of prawns....

....and a nice setting sun & cooling evening to enjoy a change from a barbecue :wink:

Now, even we can’t tuck that lot away in a single sitting, so what to do with that leftover paella?

The kids have taken some to school to eat cold, they’ll no doubt freak their mates out when they open their lunch boxes.

I could have mine cold. I could bung it in the microwave but that would be sacrilege.

Why not just stick a flame under it and zap it in the Bongo.... :idea:

....and have something healthy to eat for a change :lol:
dunslair
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 20

Post by dunslair » Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Flipin eck! that gave me a fright....I thought it was Friday afternoon already, and i had somehow lost 4 1/2 days :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Mon May 24, 2010 5:31 pm

:lol: Me too!

Muz - you should have your own TV show....... :-k

All the chefs are doing cooking shows whilst travelling - you could do cooking whilst Bongoing
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon May 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Dizzy-Dots wrote:Muz - you should have your own TV show....... :-k

All the chefs are doing cooking shows whilst travelling - you could do cooking whilst Bongoing
The prospect of someone paying me to cook stuff in exotic places does appeal - where do I apply? :D
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Bored with hearing about butties phase 20 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Muz could do a TV show..cooking dishes from where he visits........touring the UK first then off to Europe....a country at a time.....mind you there would be need for a support crew..... where do I sign up... :lol: :lol:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:24 pm

dunslair wrote:Flipin eck! that gave me a fright....I thought it was Friday afternoon already, and i had somehow lost 4 1/2 days :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Me too! Then I wondered if I'd lost a whole week and today was a Bank Holiday Monday :roll:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue May 25, 2010 4:40 am

Hi
OOoohhh yes...a Bongo culinary tour...there are members in France, Germany, don't know about Italy, but Spain, and over here, of course...now that would be cool...drop in and cook....maybe a spit-roast pig, or traditional whole roast sheep in the wood-oven...and bring some French left-overs....Yummm
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:00 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi
OOoohhh yes...a Bongo culinary tour...there are members in France, Germany, don't know about Italy, but Spain, and over here, of course...now that would be cool...drop in and cook....maybe a spit-roast pig, or traditional whole roast sheep in the wood-oven...and bring some French left-overs....Yummm
Cheers
Helen
Spit roast pig? Whole roast sheep in the wood oven? You're someone else who obviously has a bigger Bongo than I do, Helen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Alison
The clue's in the wording...."drop in and cook" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, we quite often used to do a pig roast when camping...local butchers can supply a pig quite often, or take one ready...we always did a "grower" pig...not a suckling pig...the roasting spit doesn't take any room at all, and the sort of places we went camping, the owners never minded us digging a fire pit.....
Nothing better in life than camping with friends, roasting a pig, sitting round the fire, music, alcohol (usually cider).....and plenty of laughter
Best medicine in the world!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Off Message”