Bored with Butties phase 28

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 28

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Fish & chips, that great British institution.  But not from a chippy, that’s cheating, how about making something nice in the Bongo? :idea:  Ok, I’m going to use tinned mushy peas, I haven’t got time to soak & cook proper peas, but what about making some form of chips (fried sliced potatoes, like big chips but healthier and you know how important that is to me :oops: ) from real potatoes, and doing a nice fillet of fish in some fresh batter.  Hmmmm, this could just work :lol:

I love the distinctive taste of plaice.  Don’t you think that God scored a bit of an evolutionary own-goal when he designed a fish that was the same shape as a frying pan? :twisted:

A couple of nice plaice fillets, a couple of nice spuds, some mushy peas and one or two other things :wink:

Peel & slice the spuds....

....then fry in vegetable oil.  This is a fine balance between browning the spuds and spraying the whole of the inside of your Bongo with oil :?

Whisk some seasoned flour, cornflour and sparkling water together

Meanwhile, warm some mushy peas.  No artificial colours here :^o

Once the spuds are done, put to one side and fry the coated plaice....

....and serve with lashings of bread & butter =P~

A double-whammy on the evolutionary own-goal score, it’s also a perfect fit on Warburton’s Toastie sliced bread :lol:

Now you could argue that this should be disqualified for becoming a buttie of sorts, but isn’t it so much more appealing than a cheese salad sandwich from the local Texaco garage :wink:

TIP: Don’t drop the camera mid-cooking.  It’s difficult enough doing some of these things single-handedly and in a bit of a rush without trying to take photos as well.  But if you’re going to drop the camera, don’t drop it into the mushy peas whilst manipulating a plaice fillet in the batter and therefore clearly incapacitated.  Mushy peas on the lens is difficult to clean off and meanwhile the food is at risk of burning :oops:
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 28

Post by umbongocat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm

mmmmm, that looks fab....should make a book of the dishes you make in the bongo and sell it. Might pay for a spare camera :D
I love cheese!
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Looks very tasty their Muz...... no more Fish n Chip shop trips eh!......

It will be runs to the get the fish and ingredients and cook by the sea in a car park instead..... :wink:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 pm

yum :) hope your camera's ok :roll: :lol:
didn't you dry the spuds? be less splashing then ;)
I'm off to pack some potatoes for my camping trip, why did I never think of shallow frying pots #-o
Cheers Muz :)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 pm

mikexgough wrote:Looks very tasty their Muz...... no more Fish n Chip shop trips eh!......

It will be runs to the get the fish and ingredients and cook by the sea in a car park instead..... :wink:
Oh, I don't know about that, whilst the above was absolutely fantastic, there's something appealing about the spontaneity of stopping for fish & chips from a proper chippy - a lot less bovver than a hovver - and safer for cameras too!

And especially if they'll throw a haggis on top as well :lol:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:47 pm

We found our splash guard at a Pound shop I think but several available;
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/C/pots-pans ... sh%20guard
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:51 pm

debbiepritch wrote:yum :) hope your camera's ok :roll: :lol:
It survived - there's just a green tinge to some of the shots now :lol:

I was thinking of getting a new one anyway, only taken about 30,000 pics with this one so it doesn't owe me aything. Anyone fancy a "nearly new" Fuji, only dropped once into a bowl of guacamole :lol:
bongomadness

Post by bongomadness » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:53 pm

I cook at a chip shop(the best chip shop in our town in fact) and I always pride myself with how it looks when in the warmer but yours Muz just looks the best.I am salvating as i write lol. Might give this a go when we get Cae-Du :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:59 pm

When you going to Cae Du again? :idea:
hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:10 pm

You have outdone yourself today Muz. I am going to insist we find a meet where you can cook that for us. Don't know if I could be bothered to bring oil in the bongo but think it would be just as nice with new spuds or boilies though. Maybe those Ormskirk potatoes the Hairy Bikers were writing poetry too. Looks really nice.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 pm

I did have some assistance on this one, Jr is doing 'work' again and took care of buttering the bread. He'll make the England cricket team with his expertise at catching the camera though :roll: :lol:

That's why there's two fish :wink:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:44 pm

hatris wrote:You have outdone yourself today Muz. I am going to insist we find a meet where you can cook that for us. Don't know if I could be bothered to bring oil in the bongo but think it would be just as nice with new spuds or boilies though. Maybe those Ormskirk potatoes the Hairy Bikers were writing poetry too. Looks really nice.
[-X No no no no no, boiled spuds wouldn't be the same at all. But if we were on EHU we could cheat and use a deep-fat fryer for the spuds :wink:

Fleetwood for the plaice, big juicy ones, not the crap you get in Asda :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
mikexgough wrote:Looks very tasty their Muz...... no more Fish n Chip shop trips eh!......

Oh, I don't know about that, whilst the above was absolutely fantastic, there's something appealing about the spontaneity of stopping for fish & chips from a proper chippy - a lot less bovver than a hovver - and safer for cameras too!

And especially if they'll throw a haggis on top as well :lol:
Thinking about this again, I recognise that there isn't much spontaneity about a 710-mile trip for fish & chips, but hey, isn't that what Bongos are for? :?

Return to “Off Message”