Bored with Butties phase 29

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 29

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm

American ranch steak – I have to say I’m not particularly enamoured with anything American, I’ve always thought the place was mostly populated with jumped-up colonials with plans too grand – apart from the Mexicans :roll:

Anyway you should try this, it is so simple and yet amazing. As a one-pot dish it’s made for Bongo-cooking, and makes a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner :D Tip – use a small paella pan then you can eat it straight from the pan – less washing up :idea:

Get a nice chunky beef fillet, some streaky bacon (that’s the only bacon the Americans know about) and a carton of beans (or a tin if you’re posh)....

....Fry the steak in a little butter....

....seasoning each side with salt & pepper as you go....

....Don’t overdo it, you want those succulent juices to ooze out.... =P~

....add some bacon (if you’re in a rush you can cook the bacon in advance but that increases the washing up)....

....and beans.

How difficult does it need to be? :wink:

Get a sharp knife and tuck in 8)
wormey
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 29

Post by wormey » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Wow, looks the business. yum yum. =D>
Daz and debs
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Most definetley the best yet =D> =D> =D> :D
Bongo no more........... ;-(
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

The beans look good.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi
Yup...that'll do it....
Funnily enough, I just love baked beans, with a huge amount of curry paste....a sort of bean phal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , and eaten straight from the pan...YUM
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:21 pm

helen&tony wrote:....I just love baked beans, with a huge amount of curry paste....a sort of bean phal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , and eaten straight from the pan...YUM....
omg, sounds like a Blazing Saddles moment coming on :shock: :lol:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Muz
Funnily enough, and I know you probably won't believe me, in nearly 50 years of enjoying a good curry ( I have only ever eaten Phal or equivalent for at least 35 years), I have only experienced "Ghandi's Revenge"" once...and that was this tuesday...I make my own curry powders, and Garam masala...and this Monday, I decided to add more than 20 fresh chillies, and 5 heaped spoonfuls of dried red chillie seeds...plus a very generous helping of fresh ginger to 1 1/4 Lbs chicken....OH...it was yummy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I used to order phal when a student, it was your duty to order the hottest thing on the menu. Nowadays I tend to go for something a little less violent.... :oops:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:46 pm

hi Muz
I make my own...and I just like it...in fact, one Indian restaurant where I was known bought me out an impored chillie that they import, just to watch me eat it raw...a Ghost Chillie, or bhut jolokia , probably...YUM...It's just what I like...possibly there is some addictive effect, I think, as I also like extra-ordinarily hot Chilli ....perhaps there is some theory on this, as I love things spiked with chillie oil....especially salads....Cooo.....I made one for an Indian friend, and she still raves about the spicy salad...
S'pose it takes all sorts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Yummy =P~ =P~ .
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:45 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi
Yup...that'll do it....
Funnily enough, I just love baked beans, with a huge amount of curry paste....a sort of bean phal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , and eaten straight from the pan...YUM
Cheers
Helen
Tinned curried beans then,for a quick fix,with a few fresh chillies thrown in for extra heat.

How about a nice runny fried egg on top Muz?.....then a few chips......and mushrooms?....and maybe a good quality sausage.......and a fried slice?.....and possibly a nice tomato.?
God,look at the time,Im looking forwards to breakfast now :lol:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “Off Message”