Bored with Butties phase 31

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 31

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:57 pm

If you’ve ever been to Portugal you’ll know that the Portuguese don’t take anything seriously – have you ever been to a Portuguese bullfight? – I mean they don’t even kill it :?

So, what about Portuguese paella – of course made with sardines :roll:

Peppers (a red and a green, remember the Portuguese flag :roll: ), sardines, red onion, tomatoes, green beans, lemon & parsley

Get the vegetables ready :wink:

Test if the pan is hot enough by splatting some wine in it – Hmmmm, perfect :shock:

Fry the vegetables in the wine and some lemon juice....

....add the rice....

....and the tomatoes....

....and the green beans....

....mix it all up....

....and then prepare your sardines. I like living dangerously so I always use John West, I like a bit of Russian Roulette with botulism :twisted:

....add the sardines....

....and keep it on the boil.

For the full Portuguese effect, serve on a green plate....

....and a red plate :roll:

Now, anyone (BongoPlod?) who doubts that we really do this will be reassured to learn that we were just serving this up yesterday when, who should poke their heads around the sliding door but Harry & Trish (hatris) – and Trish kindly took a photo in evidence.

I give you Portuguese Paella, m’Lud :lol:
hatris
Tribal Elder

Re: Bored with Butties phase 31

Post by hatris » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes, Bongoplod we did take that photo. The food was ver colourful and smelled really good but we didn't get a taste. :( Doesn't Christian look good in his work clothes. I will have to ring ahead next time and get myself a plateful. If there is green beans in it does that mean your mother-in-law would enjoy that one? Nice to see you both Muz. Enjoy your holiday. Trish
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Not a hedgehog in sight...phew! Must have been scared off by the high viz vests. Those damn health and safety officers even make you wear them when your making your lunch :roll: :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:33 pm

hatris wrote:If there is green beans in it does that mean your mother-in-law would enjoy that one?
Only if there was gravy on it too, and the beans would have had to be boiling for several days rather than the five minutes they had :wink:

Perhaps one lunchtime we could have a Bongo-party on our carpark :twisted:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:34 pm

dunslair wrote:Those damn health and safety officers even make you wear them when your making your lunch :roll: :lol:
Hi-Viz plates too :lol:

No, I can't take the jacket off because I only iron the sleeves on my shirt. And not very well, evidently :oops:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
Now, anyone (BongoPlod?) who doubts that we really do this will be reassured to learn that we were just serving this up yesterday when, who should poke their heads around the sliding door but Harry & Trish (hatris) – and Trish kindly took a photo in evidence.

I give you Portuguese Paella, m’Lud :lol:
Never doubted you for a moment Sir,Im a big follower of you Bored with Butties recipes.
My favoutive telly chefs are Anthony Wornout Thompson,Fanny Haddock,Ainsley Harricot,Brian Turnip,James Martini,Madhur Jaffacake,Gary Rhodekill and Gino G`oncampin,I hold you in higher esteem than all of them....well,except Fanny maybe :oops:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
hatris
Tribal Elder

Post by hatris » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Yes Muz you will have to prepare the food in an evening dress before you replace Fanny.
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:01 pm

hatris wrote:Yes Muz you will have to prepare the food in an evening dress before you replace Fanny.

REPLACE FANNY :shock: :shock: never :lol: :lol:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Only problem is French beans in a Portuguese dish :lol: :lol:
Anybody know why they call them green beans? - yes, I know they're green, but so are runner beans and broad beans :? :?
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:54 pm

...and Spanish wine, but if I'm cooking with it, it has to be cheap. Mind you, I drank the rest last night :oops:
wormey
Supreme Being

Post by wormey » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 pm

The food looks fab, like the vests too, :D
Daz and debs
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Bongoplod wrote:My favoutive telly chefs are Anthony Wornout Thompson,Fanny Haddock,Ainsley Harricot,Brian Turnip,James Martini,Madhur Jaffacake,Gary Rhodekill and Gino G`oncampin,I hold you in higher esteem than all of them....well,except Fanny maybe :oops:
You forgot Huge Surly Whippingsmall, Jamie CodLiver, Dahlia Smith and Nijelly Boreson :?

Return to “Off Message”