Bored with Butties phase 41

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 41

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:12 pm

I have to admit to quite liking Duck à l’Orange but I’ve done duck before. I have a surfeit of blackberries….

….no, not those BlackBerries #-o so how about Chicken à la Mûre instead :idea: a bit like sweet & sour chicken I suppose, combining spices & fruit but not as sweet as traditional Chinese fare. Hang on a minute, what about using Chinese Five Spice (star anise, cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper and ground fennel seeds), not to be confused with Bengali Five Spice (fenugreek, nigella seed, cumin seed, radhuni (or celery seed) and fennel seed) or Mexican Five Spice (cumin, cumin, cumin, cumin and cumin) :twisted:

Chicken, ginger, blackberries, blackberry jelly, cider vinegar and Chinese five-spice :wink:

Cut the chicken up and sprinkle with the five-spice, salt and freshly ground pepper....

....coat it evenly then bung in a frying pan with some olive oil.

Meanwhile, put a dollop of blackberry jelly in a small pan....

....grate some fresh ginger onto it....

....add some cider vinegar and boil it up :wink:

Turn the chicken and make sure it’s done all the way through....

....oh yeah, put some rice on while you’re at it :lol:

Serve the chicken on the rice, and tip the blackberry glaze over it all....

....I know it’s an odd combination, but don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it :wink:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 41

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I've promised myself I'll stay off this Forum until the house is all back together again, but I just had to look at today's offering and my, oh, my - to my delicate palate that has to be on of Your Best Yet!

Looks absolutely fabulous, and better still, I will be able to cook it in our garage :D When we've used up all the Pot Noodles :wink:

Wow =P~
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Do it now while blackberries are in season at your local Lidl / Asda. Tinned blackberries aren't quite the same.... :wink:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Good advice, thanks :D

We've still got plenty of blackberries out in the hedges at the moment :D Despite rumours that the witches spit on the blackberries at the end of September (or words to that effect), they still taste lovely and Isaac's school shirts evidence every single blackberry consumed on the way to and from school both before and after the witches spat on them (don't belive the Vanish/Ariel etc adverts although I wonder if witch spit gets the stains out :lol: ).

My problem is picking them and bringing them home, instead of picking them and bringing an empty tub home :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:59 pm

I tried for about 10 mins not to take a peek at this thread as I knew it would be good, but as you see I have little will power :(

Doesn't look as good as the others though :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o (denial sometimes helps me... lol)
I love cheese!
Barrington
Supreme Being

Post by Barrington » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:30 pm

=P~ =P~ =P~ looks lovely Muz =D>
Music is my Sanctuary!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi
Scrumptious...I'll definitely descend on your fridge for leftovers while you're not looking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny you mention witches...we have a lady in the village who looks like the archetypal Hag...We actually like her a lot , and always wave/ chat/ whatever...one just can't help staring at her one remaining tooth....poor old thing....
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi
Scrumptious...I'll definitely descend on your fridge for leftovers while you're not looking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leftovers? :? :? :lol: :lol:
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 pm

41 Fridays. 41 stonking recipies. :!:

With respect Muz, you either need a therapist or an agent. :lol:

Keep it going all the same, luvving these threads.

8)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 pm

mister munkey wrote:41 Fridays. 41 stonking recipies. :!:

With respect Muz, you either need a therapist or an agent. :lol:
...or a dietician - most of the recipes couldn't really be classified as healthy :? :roll:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:03 am

Brill as always Paul,although i wasnt sure about a fried blackberry at first,but then realised Apple and Orange also make mobile phones so you could come up with a recipe using them as well :wink: .......and then there is also the zit mobile phone (ZTE),I wonder what you could cook up with a pan of those :shock:

Keep up the good recipes,youll make it onto the UkFood channel eventually,Im sure =D> =D>

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “Off Message”