Bored with Butties phase 47a

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 47a

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:15 pm

I couldn’t resist this opportunity :twisted:

You might not be surprised to learn that one of my heroes is the great late Keith Floyd who always seemed to have a glass of wine in his hand while cooking, and taking a generous slurp while letting the flavours ‘get to know one another’....

....and it has been pointed out that I have been known to have a sip or two of red wine myself on the odd occasion, in fact it has even been suggested that I have one of those new self-filling glasses that never appears to empty throughout the course of preparing a meal.... :oops:

So, yesterday was the third Thursday of November. And anyone like myself who only has alcohol for medicinal reasons :^o will be well aware that Beaujolais Nouveau Day is a good excuse to get some vin rouge down your neck. :lol:

This would have been done yesterday had Tesco or Asda got their acts together, I was in there at 3am scouring the shelves to no avail, I had to go to Waitrose yesterday evening to get the vital ingredient – somehow it wouldn’t have worked with a bottle of rioja :roll:

This is brilliant in that no cooking is required, so excellent if you’re in an unconverted Bongo or your gas has run out :lol: Get some French cheese, it’s a good opportunity to use some Reblochon which is more than just for making tartiflette (see phase 6 if you’ve already forgotten what that is all about)

Beaujolais Nouveau, a cheeky little number :wink:

Salmon caviar :shock:

Crackers, cheese, duck pâté & salmon caviar, oh yes!! 8)

Use proper butter, none of this “I most certainly can tell it’s not butter” malarkey....

....and prepare a lunch fit for Kings :D

:shock:

Cheers hic :oops:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 47a

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Very nice! I'm surprised you didn't take the offspring out of school and have a Team Muz Beaujolais Nouveau run to France and back. Tesco or Asda indeed?!

Never come across salmon caviar before. Where did you manage to get that?
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Alison01326 wrote:Never come across salmon caviar before. Where did you manage to get that?
Waitrose, I was so relieved at having got the Beaujolais I had a look at what else they did - some proper weird stuff! :D
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Never come across salmon caviar before. Where did you manage to get that?
From a salmon...... :| :D :lol:

That looks fantastic Muz =D> =D> =D> However those pesky snails have eaten your salad :roll: :lol:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi
OOOhhh...right up my rue monsieur....but skip the cod-liver oil capsules....I had those rammed down my throat as a child....after successive bouts of illness...now allergic to fish...unfortunately...Most yumiferous otherwise....that would make a smashing lunch ....followed by a second helping
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:27 pm

dunslair wrote:....However those pesky snails have eaten your salad :roll: :lol:
That's the only reason they're there, saves me having to eat rabbit food :lol:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Muz
What's wrong with rabbit food...attract and snare one hare...jugged hare, mash and mushrooms
Now.....where's that rabbit food?
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:11 pm

well 10 out of 10 for effort :wink: :lol:
the grapes look nice :D
and the dish looks colourful :D
but omg the salmon caviar :-& takes me back to my youth, I too was force fed with cod liver oil capsules, I have no idea why or what on earth they were supposed to do :? omg having flashbacks now of cider vinegar :shock: my parents musn't of liked me :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Pity about the green stuff Muz........... I do like the idea of a Bongo Beaujolais run.... :wink: especially if it was done as a Charity thing...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Hmmm, Mike & Alison may have a point for next year - A Team Muz Beaujolais run - all in the best possible taste :wink:
wormey
Supreme Being

Post by wormey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Looks nice, not sure about the snails, one day I'll pick up the courage to try them. :shock:
Daz and debs
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:12 am

Blimey, that wine must have been stronger than I thought - the paella collage picture mysteriously has two images the same in it - I must have been confuzzled when I was gluing them together :oops:

This is what it was supposed to be :roll:

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Hmmm, Mike & Alison may have a point for next year - A Team Muz Beaujolais run - all in the best possible taste :wink:
Well it's around 700km from Calais...... so with a planned overnight stop at an Aire on the way.....down and back.....

Sounds like a plan .....
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Could be a theme running here, 700 miles for chips, 700km for wine - could be a good couple of days out :lol: :lol:

Return to “Off Message”