Bored with Butties phase 52b – the Grand Finale

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Bored with Butties phase 52b – the Grand Finale

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:56 pm

For the final episode in this culinary adventure, it’s a shame not to do a proper Christmas lunch in the Bongo :twisted:

I was contemplating just doing this :shock: but having put the sprouts on at Easter as tradition dictates :lol: (while I was doing the stuffed squids with cous-cous) they’re now just about ready to eat [-X

Oh, I haven’t got an oven in the Bongo so a roast turkey is out of the question.  But I do know a suitably delectable substitute for turkey when I see one :roll:

Spam, pigs in blankets, spuds, parsnip, sprouts, carrot (& pancetta, gravy, oil & parsley)

Peel & quarter the spuds & parsnip, peel & slice the carrot....

....then boil the spuds & carrot....

....add the parsnips after a few minutes

....add the sprouts to the carrot with a few minutes to go.  You’ll notice I’m struggling to keep this boiling, it’s -4C outside and my butane is either nearly run out or more likely not boiling itself :evil:

Drain the spuds & parsnips and chuck them in a pan of boiling veggie oil (beef dripping would be much better but I’m on a diet :roll: )

Fry some pancetta in a little butter with the pigs in blankets.  You can roll the streaky bacon around the sausages yourself or Asda do ten for £1.00 at the moment if that’s too much effort :roll: ....

....add some breadcrumbs & chopped parsley....

....add the drained sprouts to the pancetta mix, keep the pigs in blankets separate.... :wink:

Happy Christmas :D

Well I do hope I’ve tempted you to try cooking in your Bongo when you otherwise might not have, I’ve enjoyed preparing this little lot and, dare I say, eating it as well.  Best wishes to you all for a Spamtabulous Christmas and a Bongotastic New Year from Team Muz HQ :wink:

dunslair
Supreme Being

Re: Bored with Butties phase 52b – the Grand Finale

Post by dunslair » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Well done sir =D> =D> =D> I have enjoyed your offalings over the last year (pun intended), I hope you enjoy the fish paste sandwich next week. Now I think it may be time for a quick jog twice round the block after all those lunch time cook ups :lol:

Thanks again for the entertainment..... have a fantastic Christmas team Muz!!!!

All the best

dunslair

ps Am I the only one that gives out a 'dirty little chuckle' every time I see a pig in a blanket? :oops: :D
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:50 pm

hi Muz
Well done again...and Christmas Bongo Din...just need a sprig of Mistletoe, and it's all done
Best Wishes for a Kool Yule
Cheers
Helen...& Tony
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Barrington
Supreme Being

Post by Barrington » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Ditto have enjoyed your Board with butties all year well done Paul :D =D> =D> =D>
Music is my Sanctuary!
wormey
Supreme Being

Post by wormey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Well done, nice one,I have really enjoyed the series. =D>
Daz and debs
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:20 pm

dunslair wrote: ps Am I the only one that gives out a 'dirty little chuckle' every time I see a pig in a blanket? :oops: :D
Very probably :lol:
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:44 pm

thanks paul and the back up team,(there must have been one,i can only do soup in my bongo).
im no cook,but have really enjoyed the lessons,and laughs. (keep ditching the green stuff :lol: )

all the best from team us, to team muz.

regards ady.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:thanks paul and the back up team,(there must have been one,i can only do soup in my bongo).
im no cook,but have really enjoyed the lessons,and laughs. (keep ditching the green stuff :lol: )

all the best from team us, to team muz.

regards ady.
Muz Jr did assist in a lot of them when he was doing 'work experience' - yeah right :lol:

And, if you look closely in phase 50c, I'm sure that's Mrs Muz feeding the meat through the mincer :wink:

All the best for Christmas and 2011 :D
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:13 am

OH, seeing its xmas now i think next year you should do a wine beer & cider list to go with BUTTIES!!!!!!!! All the best team muz.diamond

Return to “Off Message”