Wiring Converted Van's Tow Hitch Electrics

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongo Mutt

Wiring Converted Van's Tow Hitch Electrics

Post by Bongo Mutt » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi fellow bongeliers! :)

Is there anyone out there in Bongo land that can assist a demented Cornish man with an electrical problem ? :shock:

Just fitted a tow hitch to a converted Bongo and I am at a complete loss as how to wire the ruddy thing for a trailer! all information available ( as far as I can tell) relates to unconverted Bongo's :roll:

Anyone had the same problem or has knowledge of how to over come this problem, any suggestions would be welcome providing they stay within the user rules for this forum! :twisted:

Thanks a bunch :wink:
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Post by kawasaki kid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi, When wiring your towbar up it doesn`t matter if its converted or not as you are only connecting into the wiring behind the rear lights . Hope this helps . :) .... p.s the wiring is easy to do if use a test lamp.
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:06 pm

You just need to tap in to the relevant wires behind each rear light cluster and the rear fog lamp wire. You can check which wire goes where by removing the rear light clusters.
There's a factsheet in the member's area.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Bongo Mutt

Post by Bongo Mutt » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:14 pm

Cheers Chaps !

Thanks for a quick response and those suggestions, may be I can get some sleep tonight after all !

See you later bongolator!
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:07 pm

Run the wires behind the bumper & up behind the light clusters, don't bother taking it inside, just make sure connections are well taped up , preferebly with self amalgamating tape, much quicker & tidier & you can see which wires are which :D
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Return to “Techie Stuff”