Rear spoiler wiring

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

jayhaytch

Rear spoiler wiring

Post by jayhaytch » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi

I have just bought a second hand rear spoiler - does anyone know how I should wire this up i.e. a wiring diagram or description of what to do?

Cheers

JH
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: Rear spolier wiring

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Jay, i'm guessing you had NO rear spoiler originally, and now you need to wire in the LED brake light?

Do you have the two wires exiting the hole in the spoiler? Pull off the weather strip one one side of the tailgate, remove one of the rear light clusters.

Using a multimeter, determine which wires feeding the brake light are live/negative, then simply tap in the wires from the spoiler, the wires from the spoiler can be tucked in behind the weatherstrip to hide them.

If you don't have a multimeter, you can try a 50/50 guess on which wire to splice into the brake light circuit, you won't blow anything (been there, done that) You'll just need to swap the wires over if it doesn't work first time. :wink:

Hopefully DBO will clock this thread, he may remember more specifics from when we fitted his spoiler. :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:Hi Jay, i'm guessing you had NO rear spoiler originally, and now you need to wire in the LED brake light?

Do you have the two wires exiting the hole in the spoiler? Pull off the weather strip one one side of the tailgate, remove one of the rear light clusters.

Using a multimeter, determine which wires feeding the brake light are live/negative, then simply tap in the wires from the spoiler, the wires from the spoiler can be tucked in behind the weatherstrip to hide them.

If you don't have a multimeter, you can try a 50/50 guess on which wire to splice into the brake light circuit, you won't blow anything (been there, done that) You'll just need to swap the wires over if it doesn't work first time. :wink:

Hopefully DBO will clock this thread, he may remember more specifics from when we fitted his spoiler. :wink:
erm no , that's what we did. #-o
Lost without my Bongo.
jayhaytch

Post by jayhaytch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks for your replies and help - you guessed correctly I am fitting a spoiler to the van and this is a new addition. Work begins next week once the spolier and side awning have been sprayed in a matching colour - so I will follow your advice.

Best wishes

JH

Return to “Techie Stuff”