The CornShed Festival - North East!

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Mattylad

The CornShed Festival - North East!

Post by Mattylad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello All,

I help organise and run a two night music festival every year in order to raise money for the Great North Air Ambulance.

The festival is on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th July. It is run from my mother-in-laws farm near to a small village called Hutton Rudby (near to Middlesbrough) where we make use of two large barns (two stages) adjoined by a large marquee (and this year a new addition of a comedy tent).

We are only relatively small selling around 800 tickets each night(£19:50 per night), we have professional PA company and lighting rigs to make what is normally two storage barns into amazing arenas.

Normally we only offer camping to those that we know, however, since I'm a keen bongoer I have put it to the other members of the commitee that I would like to open up an invitation to people who are members of Bongo Fury to use this festival as a chance for a Bongo meet in the North East.

The camping area will have toilets and a water supply but no electric hook up but if you ask me nicely I may be able to arrange a power point to charge phones if needed :D . Camping will be £5 per van per night.

The one thing I must stress is that the festival is evenings only, food is available to buy on the evening but not during the day, its only half a mile to the village which has 3 pubs, or the daytimes would be a good chance to chill and talk bongo's.

As I said this offer is to Bongo Fury members only, I will PM details of payments etc with expressions of interest.

Please just send me a PM if you are interested, tickets usually sell very well so please be quick of you want them. If you have any questions please post them on here as it may benefit other members to hear the answers.

website is http://www.thecornshed.co.uk

Matty
Mattylad

Re: The CornShed Festival - North East!

Post by Mattylad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Poster for your perusal.

Hope this works this time.

Matty
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Matty.....

Sounds like a good do and a good cause, are the prices for 1 person per evening including children? because if a family was going to do both nights it will be quite expensive, if there was 2 adults and 1 child it would be £19.50 x 3 + £5 for the camping fee it will be £63.50 just for 1 night, so if they wanted to go for the full weekend it would be £127.00.

Are there discounts for family tickets? of group buy of tickets?
Mattylad

Post by Mattylad » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Hello Waycar,

Unfortunately there is no discount prices, we did try once over to knock money off for those buying tickets for both nights but the take up on this was small.

I do appreciate it seems a lot of money, there is nothing to stop you coming on the saturday morning just for one night.

How old is your child? I will ask the comittee regarding admittance of children and cost and get back to you if anything can be done with that.

Again apologies but this can be something that be taken forward to the organisation of next years event.

Matty

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”