Eastnor Deer Park, nr Ledbury - 4th - 7th May 2012

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Eastnor Deer Park, nr Ledbury - 4th - 7th May 2012

Post by Jillygumbo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:58 am

For the last 2 years I have met up with friends at this superb deer park campsite.

We are hoping to do the same again in 2012. We usually go sometime in May but nothing has been decided yet. I am looking for an expression of interest and once a weekend has been decided, I will post on here.

Would welcome more company, either as part of our group (small discount for a rally) or you can book individually (and it's still really cheap). See http://www.eastnorcastle.com/caravanning.aspx for more information. Or read on.

The Eastnor Deer Park overlooks the castle as well as the Malvern Hills and is a popular site for camping and caravanning during the summer months.

The park is a designated 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' and a 'Site of Special Scientific Interest'.

For many years visitors have come to Eastnor to enjoy it's beauty, tranquillity and walk the picturesque Malvern Hills.

Deer Park 2011 Season:

Thursday 21st April to Sunday 12th June - Open
Friday 19th August to Sunday 16th October - Open

We welcome tents and caravans for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights after which they must be moved, unless by special arrangement. Please note that we will not be offering storage facilities for unoccupied caravans.

We offer all campaing and caravanning visitors, including rally groups, a half price family ticket for entry to Eastnor Castle and grounds for a family of up to 2 adults and 3 children, during their stay,(subject to castle opening dates and times).

Click HERE to submit our Rally Booking Form

Costs for 2011:

£7.50 per caravan, trailer tent or family tent
£6.50 Seniors
£6.00 Rallies (groups of 10 or more)
£4.00 per person per night for small tents

There are ample fresh water points in the park as well as cesspit emptying points.

We do not have showers, toilets or electrical hooks ups and we do insist that all campers and caravanners have their own toilet facilities.

Fishing
We will continue to offer fishing in the lakes, but there will be a small charge of £5.00 per person per day of £10 for a family ticket (2 adults & 3 children).

Directions to Eastnor Deer Park

Eastnor Deer Park lies between the Cotswolds and the Welsh Marches, 2.5miles east of Ledbury on the A438 Tewkesbury Road.

Journey Times to Eastnor
Central London 2.5hrs, Manchester 2hrs, Birmingham 1hr, Bristol 1hr, Cardiff 1hr

For visitors using Sat Nav please IGNORE the directions as you approach Eastnor and follow the Brown Tourist signs - a number of Sat Nav providers are currently directing you the wrong way.

Directions from London
Take M4 west.
Exit M4 at junction 15 (Swindon). Follow A419/A417 to Cirencester and Gloucester (dual carriageway). Before Gloucester exit A417 onto M5 North (towards Birmingham) at junction 11A and continue as if from North or South.

Directions from North or South
Exit M5 at junction 8 onto M50. Exit M50 at junction 2, follow A417 to Ledbury. Follow the Brown Tourist signs (Eastnor Castle) via bypass and through Ledbury Town Centre onto A449 (signed Worcester and Malvern). After 1 mile turn right on to A438 (Tewkesbury and Eastnor). Follow the A438 for approx 1.1mile and at left hand bend the main Castle Gates are on your right, continue on the main road for another 500 yards and the 'Main Deer Park' entrance is on your left.

Obviously we don't know what dates they will be open yet for 2012, but that could be sorted nearer the time. Who would be interested in principle?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Eastnor Deer Park, nr Ledbury, Worcs - around May time

Post by Ian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:57 am

Jill, try and avoid the weekend of 18 May as this is the Welsh Bongo Bash in Abergavenny.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 pm

We'd be interested in this, we've camped at Eastnor in a previous (pre-Bongo) life :wink:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:38 am

I'm already aware of the Abergavenny weekend, but thanks for reminding me Ian. I'm hoping to be at Abergavenny anyway.

It would be nice to arrange this weekend to coincide with the weekend before, the weekend after being the big BH, but it depends on when the Deer Park campsite is open and what the other peops think.

I'll keep everyone in the loop
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Let us know..... could be up for this ....the Spring half term coincides with Queenies jubilee so they don't have to pay for extra BH - 4th to 8th June 2012.... these dates are at the end of your possible dates..... :wink:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi - although I can't try to organise anything until the campsite dates are confirmed by Eastnor, I am hoping to organise something for either

11-13 May (week before Abergavenny)
or
25-27 May (week after Abergavenny and week before the Bank Holiday weekend)

I can't do the Bank Holiday weekend because I'm hoping to work Southwell Folk Festival again, work permitting days off!

Update from the website:

The Deer Park is now closed until Spring 2012

Deer Park 2012 Season:

Dates to be Confirmed

We welcome tents and caravans for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights after which they must be moved, unless by special arrangement. Please note that we will not be offering storage facilities for unoccupied caravans.

We offer all campaing and caravanning visitors, including rally groups, a half price family ticket for entry to Eastnor Castle and grounds for a family of up to 2 adults and 3 children, during their stay,(subject to castle opening dates and times).

Click HERE to submit our Rally Booking Form

Costs for 2012:

£7.50 per caravan, trailer tent or family tent
£6.50 Seniors
£6.00 Rallies (groups of 10 or more)
£4.00 per person per night for small tents

There are ample fresh water points in the park as well as cesspit emptying points.

We do not have showers, toilets or electrical hooks ups and we do insist that all campers and caravanners have their own toilet facilities.

Fishing

We will continue to offer fishing in the lakes, but there will be a small charge of £5.00 per person per day of £10 for a family ticket (2 adults & 3 children).
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Still no dates on the website - will keep watching :P
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 am

Very interested in this one. Like Muz I have camped in the deer park pre Bongo and would like to do it again in a bit more style and comfort.

The booking season has started though, first festival ticket offer arrived an hour ago. Purbeck for August bank holiday. £60 instead of £85 for the first 200 tickets. So the season is taking shape.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

Sounds good to me
Always be ready for a Top Up!
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Post by Poohbear » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:37 pm

The only thing that puts me off this site is this: -

"We do not have showers, toilets or electrical hooks ups and we do insist that all campers and caravanners have their own toilet facilities."
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Eastnor Deer Park, nr Ledbury, Worcs - around May time o

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Poohbear wrote:The only thing that puts me off this site is this: -

"We do not have showers, toilets or electrical hooks ups and we do insist that all campers and caravanners have their own toilet facilities."
Doesn't put me off in any shape or form :wink: Come on, it'll only be for a weekend.

Dates for the campsite opening are now on the site: Friday 30th March - Monday 7th May
Saturday 18th August - Sunday 30th September . The grass is rested in between so it is always pleasant there - as long as you remember your loo!

Unfortunately this is not on either of the weekends around the Abergavenny weekend. However, I'm up for it either the Mayday bank holiday weekend or the August bank holiday weekend. Anyone interested?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am

May Bank Holiday weekend is good for me. =D> August is Purbeck weekend and I already have my discount advance ticket. For May I might be able to put the hellhound in kennels for the weekend, as her and deer are not the best idea. [-o<
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Eastnor Deer Park, nr Ledbury - 7 to 9 May 2012

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 am

Ok. Been on other forum and early May bank holiday looks good. I'll be aiming for Saturday 7th till Monday 9th as i don't know if i can get Friday off work.

Anyone else up for it? Basic but beautiful!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:02 am

Which month are you looking at, April or May? - Sat to Mon would be 5th-7th :wink:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Which month are you looking at, April or May? - Sat to Mon would be 5th-7th :wink:
Sorry yes, 5th to 7th May :oops:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”