2013 Foreign "Get together with the Russian Bongo Club"

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

helen&tony
Supreme Being

2013 Foreign "Get together with the Russian Bongo Club"

Post by helen&tony » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi
There's been a thread in the International Section for a while, and as not a lot of folk read this area, We thought a note on here might raise some interest.
Dmitri from the Russian Bongo Club has spoken with Ian regarding a meet-up, and the venue in mind is Lake Balaton in Hungary : http://uk.ask.com/wiki/Lake_Balaton It's a nice little trip, and I'm told it's very nice .
Can we get a few members turning up ?
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
MT Tank
Bongolier

Re: 2013 Foreign "Get together with the Russian Bongo Club"

Post by MT Tank » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi
When were you thinking of this meet?
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:08 am

Hi
So far, it's the planning stage, and the end of July has been put forward...Nothing's written in stone, so it's down to both clubs to throw some ideas in. It may revolve around school holidays?
I've heard from a variety of sources from people living in different countries that it's a lovely place, and that the lake is warm in summer, as it's shallow. Look it up , it's a BIG lake...and plenty to see and do around there!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Could be interested if it tied in with the Grand Prix on the 28th July.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi Briwy...
We'll keep that in mind !
Cheers
Helen
Tom Cruise
Bongonaut

Post by Tom Cruise » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Could be interested, what are the rules regarding taking dogs?
My other cars a Bongo!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi
No idea...it depends on the campsite. I expect it's likely that there's a good site which will accept dogs. It's a popular area, and has been for many years internationally, and campers often take their pets. There's no site decided on yet!
Cheers
Helen
alimey
Bongolier

Post by alimey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I have some dog contacts in Hungary (as I have Hungarian dogs!!) - so can probably find out what the situation is once a campsite is found. Just let me know.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 am

Hi Alimey
What dogs do you have?...Puli or Vizsla ?
Cheers
Helen
spikethorne
Junior Bongonaut

Post by spikethorne » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi all

we are very sorry but we are already booked to go to California from 18 July to 18 August.

Otherwise we would defiantly have gone. We were thinking of proposing a trip there via Lake Bled in Slovenia as well.

We have stayed at Lake Balaton many time and if we can be of any help????

If the date changes we would love to join you.

Here is the site we normally use. Its got good camping and all the bongos could be together. There are cabins to rent as well, I know Dimitry would like one!

http://www.balatontourist.hu/index.php? ... 335&lng=hu

Good luck and keep in touch, cheers Spike.
spikethorne
Junior Bongonaut

Post by spikethorne » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Oh! and this site is dog friendly
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Helen and Spike,

We do not have any plans yet for the end of July period. We called in to the east end of the lake on our way back from Bulgaria in 2011. We enjoyed all the campsites we stayed on in Hungary.

Hil and Phil
Life is for Living!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi
Not too sure whether we're going, yet...Just trying to drum up some numbers as the Russian Club has put forward the idea of Hungary. I must say I'd like to go, as I've heard from English, German, and Bulgarian friends that it's rather good there at Lake Balaton, so it has international appeal, and as it's only a couple of metres deep across the whole lake, it gets very warm water. At the moment we're just in the process of insuring, taxing and plating the trailer....and it's only a perishing camping trailer....it's all the regulations!...anyway, the other problem is the dogs...we are a bit unsure of taking them through Romania...anyway, we'll see how many are interested...we may yet come, or if it doesn't happen, we'll look at Greece or Italy, and do a couple of runs to the Veliko Turnovo site we went to , so we can try out the new awning from the club shop!....oh, and we're going to order an Origo Stove
Cheers
Helen
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi Helen,
What is an Origo Stove ? If it heats your awning, you will not need it in Hungary in July!
Phil
Life is for Living!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi Phil
No...we never heat awnings and the Bongo...even down to minus 7 ...
Well...it's an Origo type that we'll order. It's a meths / spirit stove for cooking...very efficient, and it's better than gas, here, as most gas bottles are flipping dangerous and camping gaz is hard to find, if it's available at all. Most appliances such as cookers are locally made, and dubious regarding safety. Many folk get their gas bottles filled at the petrol station, where the attendant just attempts to put in gas by cash value rather than correctly weighing the amount, thus they are often over-filled. The gas cylinders are never checked to see whether their test date is valid, and often well past safety standards. Strictly speaking, it's against the law, but there is no system of checking. Regulators here aren't up to EU spec. and they often leak, and most houses and shops that use gas really reek of it. Our friend's cooker actually blew up!
Having said that, there are good safe meth stoves on the net , for marine use, where gas is prohibited due to ventilation issues on small boats.
I have an address that mails them if you need one...VERY efficient and hot! We can get stove oil / meths in most shops here.
Cheers
Helen

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”