Injector pump seal

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

-Matt-
Junior Bongonaut

Injector pump seal

Post by -Matt- » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:02 am

Hello all.
I need to replace the seals on the advance plunger thingy on the injector pump as detailed in Dandys excellent thread. Using this thread and a number of others for little bits of info to help, I'm still none the wiser about the seal itself.
As per Dandys thread, on page 2, a user pointed out that an R20 washer has worked fine, but is this radius 20 and therefore 40mm dia? Is this i/d or o/d such as the difference between tube and pipe?
Not sure on the cross section, or if we know the Bosch part number for it?
Thanks
Matt
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Injector pump seal

Post by Ian » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 am

I don't know the size I'm afraid and can't measure one as we don't have any left. The Bosch part number is 2-460-223-001 but are no longer manufactured. You might find some residual stock somewhere though. You could also try www.mazdabongo.com who have diesel pump repait kits containing all seals, gaskets etc.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
-Matt-
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Injector pump seal

Post by -Matt- » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to find the part number!
A quick Google gives a bunch of online parts suppliers, not sure how trustworthy they are and although there is no photo of the item they do have it listed as a diesel seal for £1.68.
Ebay shows a listing with a photo at £10 each from the Netherlands, at least they look like the one in the thread here.

Thanks again.

Return to “Techie Stuff”