Reversing middle seats?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

georgey
Bongonaut

Reversing middle seats?

Post by georgey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi guys, probably been asked before.

1) Can I just turn middle bench around and bolt straight on to the runners? If not why?

2) My rear bench is out to remove the runners do I need to remove the pins from the end of the rails? If so can this be done without removing the rails or does the rail have to come out?

Thanks for any replies. Georgey.

P.S. Happy Xmas to you all....
scanner
Supreme Being

Re: Reversing middle seats?

Post by scanner » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:31 pm

The answer is because if you do it won't move any more because the adjuster lever won't work.

Do a search on "Reverse AND seat" (use the AND in capitals) and you find a far fuller explanation than I can give.
lizard
Supreme Being

Post by lizard » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Well, you have to watch out for these, because the drivers of these seats are rubbish. You have parked the jolly old Bongo and if you are not watching, bang. :shock:
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

F Zappa
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:29 pm

A search should prove very worthwhile, but your best bet is to fit a pair of Madmile's modified runners. Fortunately he is quite close to you, or to save money he has published how to do the mod yourself.

Done ours and it is a great mod.
bonglo

Post by bonglo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:07 am

My car has full length runners.

If yours does then this is what i did.

I removed the plastic trim that the boot closes on, removed the plastic trim on the end of the runners, removed the pins, slide out the rear bench, unbolt the middle bench and lift it out, then slide out the bench mounts and slide back in facing the other way (swop them over) so they 'face' backwards. bolt the middle bench back in and slide the rear bench in. replace trims and all done.

Return to “Techie Stuff”