Dodgy Bristol Bongo seller - several aliases?

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

haybal
Bongolier

Re: Mr HAYAT-Dodgy Bristol Bongo seller

Post by haybal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Gasy wrote:He's got 3 more up finishing 01:20
This one must be known by someone
321670808410 using 2 accounts again

111600134990 Over heating probs and shot arches
Hi Gasy
This bongo (321670808410) was owned by a FB member Mike Vickers (Mazda bongo owners Group)
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Is it a good one then
How did he get his hands on it?
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:04 am

Mike is on my FB friends / bikers list .. I have eMailed him to see if it is a genuine sale ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:16 am

It's morphed in the very rare left hand drive version known as 'ognoB'

mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:42 am

Weird eBay picture ..

But it certainly looks like Mikes as he has pictures of Mike Hailwood / TT on the rear of the drivers side ..

... and BONGO .. on the near side ..

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 am

Looks like buyer dropped out or perhaps he bought it himself using one of his other ebay identities:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-R-REG-MA ... 234bcc914d
mitch
Bongonaut

Post by mitch » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:30 pm

He continues to sell two vans a day on ebay. I keep reporting them regardless of the ebay account. Some of his accounts have not been used in a while so may have been closed down.
Anybody got an address yet??
Snail921
Bongonaut

Post by Snail921 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:43 pm

What exactly do you intend to do if you get an address? I've no idea where he lives. I lived in Bristol for part of the 70's but I don't recognise his street. I can tell you where one of his vans is, though. It's sitting in my drive. Did 220 miles today, ran like a sewing machine, beautiful. I know what you'll say, I was lucky but I reckon you make your own luck in this world. I got a Bongo that I'm delighted with, is the envy of my friend who has one in a much more parlous condition, and I got it at a bargain price, delivered to my door.
Regards,
Brian.
mitch
Bongonaut

Post by mitch » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Hello Brian,
I am really pleased that you got a great van. I do think you are lucky though as his selling practices are lax at best, criminal at worst
Clearly I am not the only bloke on this and the Bongo facebook site that thinks so.
I just don't want to see anyone else getting ripped off.There seems to be a weight of evidence suggesting this bloke is ripping Bongo fans off.

Regards

Mitch
Snail921
Bongonaut

Post by Snail921 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:46 pm

what I'd like to see is the evidence, and I speak as someone who was, for more than 20 years, a magistrate. I've said here, and elsewhere that I'd rather his practice was altered, I don't like one day auctions , for example, but I wait to see real evidence of criminal activity. The only evidence I have is sitting on the drive outside.
I bid, I won, I arranged delivery, it arrived. There have been one or two niggles but nothing that a few quid haven't sorted, the only thing that really annoyed was that he'd taken the LB out but there was no mention of an LB in the listing so fair enough.
I'm not arguing for or against him, what I'd like to see is an authenticated list of the problems caused by him, then we can all decide how to regard him, and whether to buy from him in the future. As things stand, I'd do so.

Regards,
Brian.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 pm

How about fabricating a receipt for a fitting of a new cambelt: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... lt#p635820

Or threatening to pay a visit to a dissatisfied customer: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 90#p638263

Or sending threatening text messages: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 75#p638188

Unfortunately, most people only hear about things which have gone wrong, so all the other vehicles he may have sold which could be perfectly fine are the ones we rarely hear about.
Snail921
Bongonaut

Post by Snail921 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:23 am

Mine came with a receipt for a recent service and written across the top was Cam belt not replaced. I promptly had it done. looking at your list, Simon, the question arises, and was raised by Colin some time ago, why, if you have a text as evidence, haven't you gone to the police? Threatening behaviour is an offence under the public order act which can carry up to 6 months inside.
Regards,
Brian.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Snail921 wrote:what I'd like to see is the evidence, and I speak as someone who was, for more than 20 years, a magistrate. I've said here, and elsewhere that I'd rather his practice was altered, I don't like one day auctions , for example, but I wait to see real evidence of criminal activity. The only evidence I have is sitting on the drive outside.
I bid, I won, I arranged delivery, it arrived. There have been one or two niggles but nothing that a few quid haven't sorted, the only thing that really annoyed was that he'd taken the LB out but there was no mention of an LB in the listing so fair enough.
I'm not arguing for or against him, what I'd like to see is an authenticated list of the problems caused by him, then we can all decide how to regard him, and whether to buy from him in the future. As things stand, I'd do so.

Regards,
Brian.
I'd been waiting for a post ike this. As you've shown, it is easy to jump to wrong conclusions about the quality of goods just because someone has an odd way of trading. I think the old adage 'caveat emptor' probably applies here.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi
Mike and Brian (Snail)....
Yes...I've been waiting for this!...
Frankly, he amuses me with the attempts to hide corrosion, and the gaudy throws , plastic glasses, and so on, but he's no worse than any other seller. The secret is revealed on these very pages within the Forum...study, understand, sally forth and buy with knowledge...or take your chances , and moan later....any second hand purchase is going to cost money in repairs, as the secret's in the description...."It ain't" new"....and someone , somewhere has thrashed it!. If you don't know what you're buying, take a friend who does!. I've bought a few rubbish cars, but I knew they were , and I knew they would be a resto. project. I bought a Type 2 with a sparkly new MOT that I knew would fail just at a glance, and I knew before I went to see it, that the bottom 8 inches all round would need completely re-metalling, and I wasn't wrong!....The whole lot took years...BUT, there are those folk who expect a "runner" for very little money....What pleases me is the folk who ask questions on here BEFORE going to buy!...there's information in abundance!
To sum up, old Bill Shakespeare had it right....
"To Buy or not to Buy, that is the question....whether 'tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous mis-purchase"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:04 pm

Snail921 wrote:Simon, the question arises, and was raised by Colin some time ago, why, if you have a text as evidence, haven't you gone to the police?
The answers are in the 8 pages of info on the other thread: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... Bloodhound
He has been reported to Trading Standards, HMRC, the police and eBay.

I've had no direct dealings with the individual in Bristol but I know of lots of people that have. Some, like you have ended up with vehicle they are happy with, while others have discovered a number of issues shortly after purchase which have cost many hundreds of pounds to rectify. Looking at a comment from Mark Elvin, he spend £2000 fixing the engine fault.

Mike's advice is absolutely spot on, especially when buying something unseen on an online auction site where you don't know whether the people bidding against you might have a vested interest in pushing the price up. Would I be happy buying something from a seller who appears to use several different IDs (some of which can clearly been seen to have made purchases from the other IDs)? No, that rings alarm bells for me, but it doesn't mean there isn't a bargain to had if a prospective buyer goes in with his eyes wide open.

Return to “Off Message”