Rear heater/ vohringer supply

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

callum
Bongolier

Rear heater/ vohringer supply

Post by callum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:13 am

Hi folks,
New to the forum and actually not an owner yet.
We are buying an AFT rear converted van off my in-law's. They have offered it to us for £1500 which we think is a fantastic deal, so snapped theor hand off with a quick yes. They are importing a car at the mo, so we won't get the Bongo until mid-sep.
Now..due to having a 15 month old, we really need to have front facing seats with 3 point belts, so we are going to rip out the whole conversion and start with a blank canvas. I confess to having already bought the flip up rear seats, a tad early, but hey, they were local and cheap.
I plan to sell the conversion that is in there at the moment, excluding the Waeco fridge and Smev twin burner and use the money to buy some Vohringer ply in order to make my own camping unit.
I plan on a small side conversion pod as it will be our daily runner so still needs to feel functional as a car for my wife.

So i have lots of plans that i think i'll be able to execute ok (i built a teardrop trailer last year, so feel confident i can make a decent go at the conversion) i'll explain the ideas once i have the van and can sink my teeth into it. For now though oli just have a couple of questions...
1) does anbody know of a supplier fo Vohringer in the Portsmouth area, or at least in Hampshire. I have searched online but can't find anything too helpful.
2)in fitting the side pod, i will be blocking the rear geater control panel, what do others do about this? It seems that folk just block it off. But with a young one plus being used as a daily rider, this doesn't sound too good to me.

That's it for now, any help greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Callum
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Rear heater/ vohringer supply

Post by g8dhe » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 am

The rear heater control panel does have some spare wiring loom length so it can be moved either to a central dividing panel inside the cupboards, or perhaps with a bit of extension to the front surface of the cupboards. Ours is on the central dividing panel inside the cupboards, out of the way but accessible when required to adjust the temperature. This assumes that it is the Climate Control - electronic version and not the older type with bowden cables!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
callum
Bongolier

Re: Rear heater/ vohringer supply

Post by callum » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:39 am

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I thought i had put in there that i had the old "analogue" style knobs, it appears i didn't though.
I thought it would be easier if it had the digital set up, certainly appears so!
What a pain.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”