Another strange central locking problem.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Rapidair65
Bongolier

Another strange central locking problem.

Post by Rapidair65 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Our 1998 V6 has developed a strange fault in the central locking system. Occasionally on locking the system the locks all repeatedly and rapidly lock and unlock until the system is re- locked. Also, while driving on bumpy roads or on closing the drivers door the same happens. On our recent trip to Scotland the lock oscillations were so rapid that the system produced a screeching noise. I have checked the drivers door loom and all seems serviceable. The plug on the drivers door lock has been tugged with no effect. The van has an aftermarket alarm fitted which incorporates central locking from the new fob. The fault is very intermittent and very annoying when driving. I do not want to remove the drivers door lock as it looks like a job for a double jointed gynaecologist! Any suggestions for further fault finding or possible causes would be much appreciated.
1998 green and silver V6 called 'Blossom'
2004 white 2 litre tin top called Buzz.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Another strange central locking problem.

Post by g8dhe » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:53 pm

To be honest that sounds as if its the alarm system if its ONLY affecting the drivers door motor, if its all the doors other than the drivers door then it would be the existing control module, mounted near the ECU in the passenger footwell.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Crisbecky
Bongonaut

Re: Another strange central locking problem.

Post by Crisbecky » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:57 pm

I has some intermittent locking and unlocking on bumpy roads when driving along which was resolved when I took some wet and dry paper to the sensors on the sliding door.

This simple solution might help with some of your issue hopefully.

Return to “Techie Stuff”