Dudleian
Bongonaut

Central locking

Post by Dudleian » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 pm

'97 AFT, 2.5tdi, 2-wheel drive.
Why does the central locking only work off the driver's door? Is it because
A - it's supposed to?..
B - something's bust?
C - the Cobra 4100 alarm/immobiliser is confusing the c/l system?
D - a combination of the above?
E - would I be better off disconnecting the Cobra from the c/l altogether (assuming I can figure out how to do it) and replace the c/l system
I'm unsure where to start first so any advice would be helpful
Why be the same as everyone else when, with a bit of effort, you can be different?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Central locking

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:35 pm

My 95 model Bongo has only ever central locked from drivers door, if that helps.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Answer - A
Its actually an option, the switch that operates the relay to release the other doors is driven from the lock itself.
If you want a remote fob, then you add a single motor to the door lock and the remote operates that alone, which then operates the switch for the other doors.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Dudleian
Bongonaut

Post by Dudleian » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks Geoff - I've read that the Cobra is not always fully compatible with remote central locking and that certainly seems to be the case with mine (every now and then the fob will unlock the driver's door as it disarms the immobiliser and on vert rare occasions it will unlock everything) I'm not too fussed about remote locking but it would be nice to unlock everything from any chosen lock
Why be the same as everyone else when, with a bit of effort, you can be different?
NathM
Bongonaut

Post by NathM » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:33 pm

Dudleian wrote:'97 AFT, 2.5tdi, 2-wheel drive.
Why does the central locking only work off the driver's door? Is it because
A - it's supposed to?..
B - something's bust?
C - the Cobra 4100 alarm/immobiliser is confusing the c/l system?
D - a combination of the above?
E - would I be better off disconnecting the Cobra from the c/l altogether (assuming I can figure out how to do it) and replace the c/l system
I'm unsure where to start first so any advice would be helpful
A- Its single point locking so is only controlled from the drivers door
B- No
C- Connecting directly into the CDL system is a major pain in the backside, so a separate contol motor/actuator is usually used.
D - You might find you dont have an actuator fitted to allow the alarm to control it.
E- you'll need to investigate further, Ive seen lots of lazy installers who dont bother to fit an actuator, they also dont bother to connect the boot and or sliding door into the perimeter protection.
Cobra locking will be on an Orange and a Purple wire, configuration via an Orange (and)Purple wire and yellow/Black trace, grey/black trace. Do you have extra wires running between the door and Pillar?

Return to “Techie Stuff”