Remote central locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Katka
Bongolier

Remote central locking

Post by Katka » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Our Bongo (1999 V6) has central locking where the driver's door key locks/unlocks the other doors. I was inspired to fit remote locking so all doors (un)lock at from a key fob. I found an accessory that seems not to need an extra actuator to be installed. A previous purchaser has it fitted to a bongo. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

I've carefully removed the door panel a barrier film and fitted the 12V supply, but before splicing into the existing c/l wires would like to check the colour codes.
The accessory has 4 to be fitted,
white = closing signal
yellow = + 12v
white/black = closing signal
yellow/black = + 12v

The existing 5 are Red, Black Green, Blue and, Green/white.
I don't see the colour codes on the wiring diagram, does anyone know how the accessory should be connected?
Thanks
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Remote central locking

Post by g8dhe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 pm

There is no actuator on the drivers door as standard, so unless you fit one then it will never work! The remote fob then causes the added actuator to operate the drivers door lock, which in turn causes the Bongo central locking to work and release the other doors. You do't make any electrical connection to the existing central locking at all, merely pickup the 12 volt supply in the door to run the remote fob receiver and power the exta actuator you add.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Katka
Bongolier

Re: Remote central locking

Post by Katka » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Thanks for your reply, I'd assumed there was an actuator in the driver's door as the others but had come to realise my mistake. I'd got the other door actuators to respond but nothing at the driver's door. Shame, I was hoping to avoid putting in an actuator and extra metal work. Ho hum. :oops:

Return to “Techie Stuff”