Remote central locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Mark-H
Junior Bongonaut

Remote central locking

Post by Mark-H » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:04 pm

My remote central locking has never worked. If you do the key/door on/off thing it never does the latch to put itself into learning mode. I recently had to take the door-card off and found a module installed behind the door card which looks like a retro-fit remote unit.

Anyone know anything about these? Can you get replacement fobs or am I best just ripping it our and fitting something new?

Interestingly if you remove the unit the central locking stops working entirely so guess it's been spliced into the existing wiring rather than a new actuator.

Google not throwing much up.

Naldec
Unit Keyless
D201 V7 602
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Remote central locking

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:55 pm

That device sounds like the original remote key receiver, rather than a modern add-on. The keys/cases for those are now very difficult to source with many people unable to find them, they used to be on eBay but that source has dried up it seems.
The central locking is not actually carried out by the remote key/receiver, that is driven from a switch actually on the lock itself, as most came with central locking from the drivers door alone, the remote unit merely operates the drivers lock which then drives the central locking for the other doors.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Mark-H
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Mark-H » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:37 pm

Any recommendation for a modern replacement which I can just splice in rather than have to add new actuators etc?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:58 pm

You only need to add one actuator for the drivers door, the rest are already handled by the central locking.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”