Updates on Anna (not so old)

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: Updates on Anna (not so old)

Post by Ron Miel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Anna, great to hear from you, and I salute you =D> Just out of hospital myself after only a week in there, I've got a wee problem (and the catheter to prove it :lol: ) - but it's trivial compared with what you have been through. Key thing is that you have been through it, and are coming out the other side. Enjoy every day, take them as they come, and get fully well again soon. Yes, the NHS staff are fantastic aren't they? We're so lucky. Cheers, David and Di
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 pm

As forum buddies have said it was a lot, lot, lot worse than we could ever have imagined. We all had our own vivid pictures of what was going on but nothing as you have described. You are a very lucky lady or as you say there is a God out there and you reached him.

Give Jimmy my best wishes as well as we would never have known of your progress. We all had a slightly "odd" Christmas worrying a bit.

Keep smiling and you sound very determined. =D> :wink:
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Ron Miel wrote:Anna, great to hear from you, and I salute you =D> Just out of hospital myself after only a week in there, I've got a wee problem (and the catheter to prove it :lol: ) - but it's trivial compared with what you have been through. Key thing is that you have been through it, and are coming out the other side. Enjoy every day, take them as they come, and get fully well again soon. Yes, the NHS staff are fantastic aren't they? We're so lucky. Cheers, David and Di
Hi David,
So sorry to hear you have been in hospital. I am a bit out of touch, as I had a bit of a setback and still catching up. I hope you will be better very soon and get these nice piccis on the forum again. I cant use my lovely new camera....fingers and hands not functioning very well most of the time :( but hopefully we will all be better for the summer and be able to get some nice shots :) . You take care now too! [-X

Cheers Anna
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
hogggman
Supreme Being

Post by hogggman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:32 pm

hi anna and jimmy,
we have just got back from the weekend meet at bakewell,and while we were there i was thinking how strange it was without you,and we were wondering how you were,and thinking how wonderful it would be to see you again as soon as your health allows anna.it is amazing,after reading just how bad things were,that you`re still with us,but we are so very pleased that you managed to pull through.
love and best wishes
jamie and sharon
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm

hogggman wrote:hi anna and jimmy,
we have just got back from the weekend meet at bakewell,and while we were there i was thinking how strange it was without you,and we were wondering how you were,and thinking how wonderful it would be to see you again as soon as your health allows anna.it is amazing,after reading just how bad things were,that you`re still with us,but we are so very pleased that you managed to pull through.
love and best wishes
jamie and sharon

Ahhhhh! how sweet :) I miss all you guys. I have been thinking of you all too, all weekend and I'm so glad that you had a good time. Hopefully we will all get together again before too long.

Anna Jimmy X
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 pm

hogggman wrote: i was thinking how strange it was without you
:shock: :shock: Surely it wasn't as strange as it would have been with her :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Gosh Anna - you really sent through it. I'm so glad you are mending and that you appear to have lost none of your spirit judging by your posts on here. You're an inspiriation to us all (and here's me grimbling cos I had a tooth out and have a hernia op. next week :oops: ). Keep mending and hopefuloly the coming of Spring and summer and the warmer weather will give you a following wind :D

David - sorry to hear you've been out of action (I was wondering where you were when posts dried up) and hope you are mending.

God bless all :)

Mike 8)
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 pm

francophile1947 wrote:
:shock: :shock: Surely it wasn't as strange as it would have been with her :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strange :shock: - Me ???????? What are you trying to say John ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm

not so old wrote:
francophile1947 wrote:

Strange :shock: - Me ???????? What are you trying to say John ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trying :shock: - I thought I'd succeeded :( :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Welcome back Anna, only the tough survive. When I had Meningitis at the age of ten my parents were told that I had only a 1,000 to 1 chance of pulling through. Well I did but everyone else admitted to my childrens ward with Meningits at the time died, three or four of them. Such is life.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Unfortunatley it take an illness to realise how precious life is. I cant believe what you've been through Anna. I'm so glad you are on the road to recovery albeit long one. Take care :)
D, J and Boys xxxx
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:45 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Gosh Anna - you really sent through it. I'm so glad you are mending and that you appear to have lost none of your spirit judging by your posts on here. You're an inspiriation to us all (and here's me grimbling cos I had a tooth out and have a hernia op. next week :oops: ). Keep mending and hopefuloly the coming of Spring and summer and the warmer weather will give you a following wind :D

David - sorry to hear you've been out of action (I was wondering where you were when posts dried up) and hope you are mending.

God bless all :)

Mike 8)
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear that you have been poorly too :( I hope all goes well next week, as I'm sure it will, but we will be thinking of you. I realise now that there is No point in being miserable about illness, it just makes things worse. I have been having bad dreams and flashbacks and I was very depressed at the lack of mobility and the prognosis, but I had to get back in the saddle and take the route to a better place than I have been lately and you guys have been great help in restoring my ability to laugh at myself :D Take care and all the best for next week . I will be thinking of you.

Anna X
bongo bri

Post by bongo bri » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Anna And Jimmy.

So glad you are getting better, we knew it wasn't good but not THAT bad.

Good to have you back on here you have been missed.

Take it easy.

Brian and Mary.
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks Anna and Mike for concerns. It was just my second knee replacement op which, as per the first one, went very well - although I've now got waterworks problems under investigation (and a classier pee tube than Mike's AFT special!). Hope it goes well for you Mike - when's it being done? Had one of them myself, thirty odd years ago, and it was definitely a job well done, with no further probs. As you say Anna, laughter is the best medicine of all. I shared a room with a couple of real characters and, even in the darkest moments (e.g., when Tramadol sent one of them soaring off into cloud cuckoo land big time), we kept laughing :lol: :lol: Image Image Image Image Image Thinking of both of you [-o<
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Muvwitch

Post by Muvwitch » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Good to know you are on the mend Anna, :D and so
glad you through the tunnel and back into the light.
Hospitals get a lot of stick but when you find a good
one NHS is unbeatable. Thank God you were in one of
the best. Loads of love :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Off Message”