Charity Farm Meet

Moderator: Muzorewa

mellyarnold

charity Farm

Post by mellyarnold » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Weve just got back from the meet, what a fab day we had!!

was great to meet up with old faces and meet lots of new faces too, Brodie enjoyed his day and loved meeting everyone - especially Chip!

Well done and Thanks Dabs for organising such a great day and thanks for the goody bag too - hope you all have an ace time tonight and were with you in spirit!

Bongo's up!!!
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

charity farm meet

Post by You've Been Bongod » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:18 pm

may i say a BIG THANKS TO DABS FROM ALL THAT ATTENDED THE MEET =D> =D> =D> =D>
me and family really enjoyed it even when the clouds opened up on sat night ( who needs glastonberry)
i think there were a total of 34 bongo's and freda's there good turnout
we even had our own gordon ramsey ( he knows who he is )
can i wish ozzie a get well soon from everyone and dbo you we all behind you
we even had time to fit a spoiler

cheers everyone for good weekend :lol: :lol:

you've been bongod
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:03 pm

Greetings everyone.

Well,what can i say,other than SUPERB!!
Me and our Maude really enjoyed it.So nice to meet everyone and put names to faces (or faces to avatars if they are back)
And what a friendly bunch you all are,(and y`all cant half sup!)we really felt at ease with everyone.

Great big thanks to Dabs for organising a great weekend =D> =D> =D> =D> ,even the rain didnt spoil it.

DBO....sorry we didnt get to say tara to you,hope Ozzie was well and fully recovers

Now heres sum piccies (i hope)

Brian -AKA Me and our Maude

Last edited by Bongoplod on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:39 pm

A big thanks to Dabs for agreat weekend. now your up and running next year will be a breeze. hee hee hee
LaBongoo

Post by LaBongoo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:15 pm

[quote="Bongoplod"]Greetings everyone.

Well,what can i say,other than SUPERB!!
Me and our Maude really enjoyed it.So nice to meet everyone and put names to faces (or faces to avatars if they are back)
And what a friendly bunch you all are,(and y`all cant half sup!)we really felt at ease with everyone.

Great big thanks to Dabs for organising a great weekend =D> =D> =D> =D> ,even the rain didnt spoil it.

DBO....sorry we didnt get to say tara to you,hope Ozzie was well and fully recovers

Now heres sum piccies (i hope)

Brian -AKA Me and our Maude

[ that BigD I see cooking? :wink: Aww, he's a good fella

Great weekend, thanks Dabs! :D
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi Peeps,

Id just like to thank all those that attended the Charity Farm Meet for making it into such a memorable weekend.
As organiser You can only go so far its the people that make it what it is and what a great set of people You all are :D :D

The official count of attending Bongos was as follows:-
18 for 2 nights
8 for 1 Night
4 Day Visits
30 Bongos what a great turnout it makes it all worthwhile!!!

This once again puts the Northwest/Yorkshire area well and truly as the most active region within the Club.

WELL DONE TO ALL and THANKYOU from Me for making it a success!!

A few more Thankyous and then Im off planning another one (NOT) :lol:

Firstly the Charity Farm owner Fred Wareing for sorting Us out with a fantastic field to hold it on it was much appreciated.

DBO and BigD for their support especially Bigd when I foolishly grabbed hold of the electrified fence on Friday morning ZZZZZzzzzzzzz(blueflash)OUCH :shock: :lol: :lol:

Harry and Bongoplod Brian for the loan of the Marquee and the extra gazebos.It was very much appreciated Cheers chaps!!

And of course the usual starturn Mikeonb4c ably assisted this time by Woodsky3 (brilliant chaps) I should also mention at this point Dave Up North for his backing vocals so I wont as they were s---e :lol: :lol:
Only joking Dave You are a star matey!!

It was really nice to see so many new names/faces in attendance its always daunting a first meet but I am sure You now realise why they are so popular.

So heres to the next one wherever and whenever it may be!!

Cheers Dabs

PS
One last little thing I was not the last to leave the field today as Mikeonbc was still there.I have My sneaking suspicion that He has invented a "Get me out of the Shit stuck in a field" contraption and wanted to try it out with no one looking :lol: :lol: He was rather inconspicuous on the first day and there was some whirring/drilling noises coming from His awning.I await a phonecall from the site owner Fred asking "What the hell have You done to My field" so far nothing so it must work ok. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Watch this space!!!!!
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:58 pm

I wish I had been inventing something Dabs. It took all my ingenuity to get that lot packed up with a back that should have been in bed. BUT we made it, and because it took so long the rain had stopped and tents were more or less dry when we put them away. Left the field at 3:45 keeping my fingers cross the Bren Gun Carrier and 25 pounder it was towing would actually get traction and roll out of the field.

Anyway, enough of that. What a great weekend, all down to Dabs cos nothing else could have happened if he hadn't of been daft enough to take on organising a meet. You deserve a medal, and what a great weekend it was. The rain couldn't dampen our spirits.

My special thanks also to Sandra for the Ibuprofen that allowed me to get about - t made a huge difference. Mrs Storm who I think it was made the chilli, and I even got served bowl in my invalids chari, complete with soured cream and Doritos and it was a No.1 class chilli. Mr Storm finally revealed his voice and a fine voice it was too - stick with it + the guitar playing (Dave up North nearly revealed something else later on but we won't go into that). And then there was woodsky3, who sprung the suggestio he sing Mustang Sally on us. Blimey, he can sing that song (and I don't give out that accolade lightly). I know it like the back of my hand so was able to give him the backing and beat a singer needs. And everyone did the chorus superbly. I've seen some stuff in my time and believe me, it was GOOD. The video (on the other thread I think) has v poor sound quality but you can still just make out how good it was.

Thanks to the trekies for being great neighbours again (hope the boys didnt cause too much disturbance), thanks to Mike for bringing the kites (the only frustration for me was he couldnt fly them cos of the risk of scaring the horse, I love watching him fly the big kites).

Thanks to A&D for the CD. Dont forget to download some Frankie Miller - also, more obscure, but some Terry Reid if you can find him. Frankie Millers version of Jealous Guy is awesome - Otis would have loved it.

And so on and so on. Met so many great people. Got no voice and no back today but what the hell! And the boys loved it too. See you next time.

Mike 8)

PS - Dave - hope ozzie is turning the corner. Sounds like he may be what with eating and drinking.
Dave up north

Post by Dave up north » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:24 pm

mikeonb4c wrote: (Dave up North nearly revealed something else later on but we won't go into that). .
Oh no Mike. My memory ended when Yorkshire Lass spiked my drinks. Please dont tell me what I NEARLY did.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:38 pm

Dabongo wrote:Hi Peeps,

DBO and BigD for their support especially Bigd when I foolishly grabbed hold of the electrified fence on Friday morning ZZZZZzzzzzzzz(blueflash)OUCH :shock: :lol: :lol:

So heres to the next one wherever and whenever it may be!!
So Dabs is it now Dabongouch and Daveblueflashozzie?
And you should know where the next one is ...were counting on you to organise it !!!

Cheers Matey
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Dave up north wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote: (Dave up North nearly revealed something else later on but we won't go into that). .
Oh no Mike. My memory ended when Yorkshire Lass spiked my drinks. Please dont tell me what I NEARLY did.
Dave.....my lips are sealed... :wink: ...but it may cost you.... :lol:

Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:24 pm

tee hee tee hee
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:49 pm

Greetings Labongo

Me and our Maude thought we`d introduced ourselves to everyone.
Apologies if we missed you
Did you arrive on saturday,where were ypu parked??
With luck we`ll meet next time

Brian
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:28 am

Well, i'm still aching from all the walking around at the charity farm meet. :?

And what an absolute belter it was!

Many thanks to Dabs for organizing a top meet =D> =D> =D>

I think he was shocked (dont go there [-X ) at what a success the meet was!

Even though i had a bit of a nightmare on the saturday evening ( i awoke in a cold sweat, imagining i could hear dave up north singing mustang sally :shock: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was great to see all you regulars again :wink: It was also brill to see you newbies too.

I'll have to give a "shout out" to carl's (you've been bongoed's missus) sue, for supplying us with all the stuff i forgot to pack #-o .

There is a rumour going around that Dabongo is busying himself as we speak arranging the next meet,so till then..... :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:33 pm

great stuff............cum on dabs \:D/

mike not suprised you was still on the field in the afternoon you had an army barracks going on down the corner of the field :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 pm

waycar8 wrote
mike not suprised you was still on the field in the afternoon you had an army barracks going on down the corner of the field
Note to self: Write out 100 times "I must learn to travel light and leave my toys behind"

Mike 8)

Return to “North West”