Interesting point about your temp gauge

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

paul9

Post by paul9 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:26 pm

just a bit of an update,i have been testing the mason alarm this week,had some good results up to now, and things are looking good,still some more checks /tests to carry out and will keep you all informed :wink:
papa joe

Post by papa joe » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Nice one Paul9 (number 9, number9 num......etc) :?
thanks for the update fingers crossed then :D

Cheers papa joe
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Excellent news - we'll await Issue 2 8)
paul9

Post by paul9 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:28 am

just a bit of an update,still doing tests on alarm,and getting some good results,as you will see in the pics,not very good as i took them with my phone,the alarm does make your gauge perform differently and gives different readings as engine warms up.

the piece of tape is so i can get some idea of different readings,from normal to halfway and 3/4 on gauge,

got a few more variations of settings to test this week,and maybe have some idea if alarm is going to work soon.
paul9

Post by paul9 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:04 pm

bit of an update,mason alarm is performing quite well and just on the final testing now,so maybe ready to be on sale in the next few weeks,sure dave will comfirm when they are,for anyone going to cheshire meet i will have one on show fitted,and will be happy to demonstrate just how it works :wink:
papa joe

Post by papa joe » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:55 pm

Still keeping an eye on this thread, number 9 :wink:

Cheers
papa joe :)
Dave Mason

Post by Dave Mason » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:23 pm

It's possible that an identical unit will not perform so well in the next Bongo, but there is only one way to find out.

Paul9, if/when you give the OK on the first production unit and send the test unit back to me, I'll set that test unit up the same as your first production unit and supply it to the second Bongo customer. That way if it doesn't perform the same there are some immediate options to make adjustments with the switches inside the test unit and refine the design - slightly I'd hope. Then I'd swap the test unit for another production one as I've done for you.

I won't be building any quantity until it's clear that it's worth fitting the Mason alarm into a Bongo.
paul9

Post by paul9 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:00 pm

i have just got another bongo,taking it for mot next week,if i get chance i will try my unit on that one shall i?maybe a week or so before i get any results but will give it a go,Paul. :wink:
Dave Mason

Post by Dave Mason » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Well, Paul, that's certainly an easy way to get a second result.

I'll send you a second alarm cable then you won't have to take the first cable out.
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi all,

This has gone quiet - any news on the testing?

I would be very interested in this type of enhancement for our Bongo Joanie.

Regards Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
paul9

Post by paul9 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 pm

recieved second cable from dave now ,and still working on it,the one i have been testing seems fine on my bongo,but may give different results on other vehicles,just waiting to test on my other bongo, probably tomorrow if it passes mot,then maybe know a little bit more. :wink:
ok fitted alarm to second bongo,will have to wait until tomorrow 19th to see if it performs the same as on my other bongo,no mot at moment but is booked in tomorrow,will update asap.
paul9

Post by paul9 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 pm

i fitted the alarm to my other bongo and it performed the same way as when fitted to original bongo,dave mason has made a few more and they are on sale now via his link,they are being sold on a first come basis,so anyone want to try one out get in touch with dave. :wink:
very simple to fit and a very usefull addition.

http://www.townace.plus.com/ie/ietemga2.htm
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 pm

It would have been a nice jester if you had asked permision to use a photo of my bongo before you used it on your commercial web site DAVE MASON.
To all fellow members of Bongo Fury "I have not used or endorsed this product"
The Janner Vanner
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:49 pm

I've ordered mine.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam