reversing a reversed bench

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

ronhud

reversing a reversed bench

Post by ronhud » Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 pm

I reversed my middle bench when I bought the Freda - followed the instructions on this forum which meant swopping over the short tracks also. Now my son and family will use Freda for a trip to France and we are considering returning to a forward facing bench for that trip. Can I swithc back without moving the tracks again and if so will the bench and front seats fit together to provide beds? Anyone done this?
Ron
lizard
Supreme Being

Re: reversing a reversed bench

Post by lizard » Fri May 30, 2008 12:28 am

I seem to recall on the fact sheets, that if you don't change the runners as well the seat, it will not slide correctly if at all :-k
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

F Zappa
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 am

You're right lizard, this might be of some use Ronhud - madmile's reversible runners link
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
ronhud

Post by ronhud » Fri May 30, 2008 8:53 am

Thanks for that link Miss Fixit. I nead to read and understand and then see if I can get a pair of 'donor runners' - it does seem to be a really good solution.

Ron
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Fri May 30, 2008 11:23 am

Ian, I haven't read the factsheet, but if madmiles info isn't on it (see missfixit link), perhaps it could be added?
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services

Return to “Techie Stuff”