Fact sheet Heater removal

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

ronhud

Fact sheet Heater removal

Post by ronhud » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 pm

I have just had occasion to use the site fact sheet called 'Front Heater Bushes'. If anyone needs to investigate failure of the heater fan this is the best help they can get. The document is clear, well illustrated, well thought out and covers the work in great detail. A fantastic job.
Ron
lazyb5
Tribal Elder

Re: Fact sheet Heater removal

Post by lazyb5 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:10 pm

I`ve just stripped the fan and un-seized it, just waiting for new fan resistor. Didnt think about the fact sheets.Off to have a look now :oops:
ronhud

Post by ronhud » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:58 am

lazyb My fan prob was a load of orange gunk on and around the brushes, however my resistor failed about a month ago and there is another fact sheet which describes how to repair it. Very straightforward task ( I have the non-digital aircon). If you have bought a replacement it might still be worth opening up the old one and repairing it as a spare.
Ron
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 pm

ronhud wrote:lazyb My fan prob was a load of orange gunk on and around the brushes, however my resistor failed about a month ago and there is another fact sheet which describes how to repair it. Very straightforward task ( I have the non-digital aircon). If you have bought a replacement it might still be worth opening up the old one and repairing it as a spare.
Ron
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just replied to your PM Ron with a suggestion it might be the bushes #-o #-o #-o
lazyb5
Tribal Elder

Post by lazyb5 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi guys yep loads of orangy gunk thankfully the bushes were ok. I have taken the old resistor to work to see if they can solder it they said they could so will use the old one and keep the new one in the van as a spare as you suggest.
lazyb5
Tribal Elder

Post by lazyb5 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Got the old resistor back from the lads at work and it works on all speeds so thanks again to your suggestions the fact sheets and this forum. =D>

Return to “Techie Stuff”