leisure battery?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:36 pm

Guys

Thanks for your input to my query. 'Moonshine' i am please you have come out with the answer to using the cooly box. Bugger!!

'Alan' I should have asked you about a leisure battery alst time we met at Deerpark!! Are you and Dee coming to Seaton?

Cheers

Tim
"Living the Dream"
snowy

Leisure Batery

Post by snowy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:52 pm

Tried out battery charger plugged into 12v socket but it blows the 15 amp fuse on the leisure battery I,ve checked the polarity of the connections they are ok also the charger runs the sat system and the tv no problem, perhaps it,s some form of initial power surge into the battery, anybody got any ideas, thanks for previous help guys.
moonshine

Post by moonshine » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:39 pm

Only thing I can suggest is to connect the charger directly to the battery without going through the vehicle's fuse. It can then only blow its own fuse, and if it does, the charger itself must be faulty.
snowy

leisure battery

Post by snowy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:12 am

Thanks Moonshine I,ll try connecting to the battery direct, I,m just curious as to why the big fuse of 15A blows I wonder if the split charge system may be part of the reason very strange.
Seeker

Post by Seeker » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:21 am

I have a 110 ah liesure battery which is a free standing unit. Ie in a box with sockets for 12v and 800 w invertor attached to it. When in the Bongo I plug it into the rear cigar lighter. It keeps the unit charged and when I stop powers all the auxilliary circuits, radio etc.

Simple cheap and economic as you dont have to haul round unwanted wieght when not camping.
Seeker

Post by Seeker » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:22 am

BTW I use 25 amp fuses.

Return to “Techie Stuff”