leisure system wiring

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

lenny_mc
Junior Bongonaut

leisure system wiring

Post by lenny_mc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:53 am

so, wiring up a leisure system.

I have 12v starter battery in the freda. I want to add a leisure battery, that will charge from the starter system, but also charge from a 240 hook up when on site. The leisure battery will run the interior lights, fridge/coolbox, 12v tv (eventually) and mabe some usb chargers and other stuff etc. there shouldn't be a huge draw and I probably wont wild camp, so a 110ah battery should be more than sufficient for when I am not plugged in.

I was thinking of something like the following set up:

leisure battery connected to starter via split charge relay, powering the 12v gubbins via a fused control panel with battery level display. Leisure battery connected to a trickle charger, powered by an rcd'd 240v connection when on site.

Any thoughts welcome. If this works I can do a how to guide (as there doesnt seem to be one in the members area specific for the bongda (which is what i am going to call the bongo/freda from now on!!) :)

Thanks,
Lenny
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: leisure system wiring

Post by g8dhe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 pm

That's pretty much the standard setup. Mine uses a Zig Marque 1 panel and charger and wired up as below;

I've since added a Solar Panel and the controller feeds in with the existing charger.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
lenny_mc
Junior Bongonaut

Re: leisure system wiring

Post by lenny_mc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:07 pm

That's brilliant Geoff. Thanks!!

Return to “Techie Stuff”