Part Sourcing

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Dungoisdadsbongo
Bongonaut

Part Sourcing

Post by Dungoisdadsbongo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:47 am

Hi
I'm looking help sourcing an O ring seal for the distributor head, I have the exploded diagram of a fuel injector head for a diesel and its Zexel part no 146600-0000. I have link for a complete repair pack but not sure it it's any good;
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1840487262
Any advice would be appreciated, my mechanic son has bravely removed the head with the pump insitu and if anyone has experience if this and could offer tips or advice that would be great.
Thanks,
Gary
sotal
Supreme Being

Re: Part Sourcing

Post by sotal » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 am

Have you tried asking Mazda at all?

Might give you a part number to make it easier, otherwise there are a few companies listed on here plus the bongo Fury shop that might be able to help.

I've just followed your eBay link and see that it is the fuel pump seals you are after. There was a post on here the other day. The bongo Fury shop has then for the older bongos. Pre 1999. What age is yours?
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 am

https://bongoland.co.uk/product/diesel-pump-repair-kit/

If you are a bongo Fury paid member you get a discount off the price too. It says they are genuine Bosch seals.

There is also a related item below that on the page which is a pair of seals for £10.

Hope this helps, hopefully someone will be along to give you some more advice on the actual job in hand!
Dungoisdadsbongo
Bongonaut

Post by Dungoisdadsbongo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 am

Thanks for the link to the Bongoland product I didn't realise they did a pack and although they are all Bosch parts I'd rather not have to pay the price for all of them and if I cannot get the exact seal may have to settle for the cheaper ones on eBay.
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:58 pm

try partsouq, they are excellent and give a complete parts catalogue and you can order the part there and then, however if you need more parts if you use the its best to buy them all at once as they are based in dubai and postage is not very cheap, but if all else fails n that
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:

Return to “Techie Stuff”