Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Stevievee
Bongolier

Re: Instagram!

Post by Stevievee » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 am

ever after. wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:25 pm
Same here, not my cup of tea.

I can't even click into the instagram photos to view them without having an instagram account :roll:
I agree, it’s a shame they don’t allow views without joining. Lots of people do join, just for that reason though, to have a nosey! The Instagram ninjas... they’re there, but in the shadows!! :lol:
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Social media has its place, there's allsorts to cater for all sorts! So Instagram will be useful. :)

The forum itself could become more lively (which would also drive more traffic to Ian's business), if it had better photo capability on the forum itself.
Is there any way of achieving that?
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Posting a photo here in the Forum is achievable, but we turned the feature off a long time ago because of server bandwidth issues. But that may not be the case now. I'll perform some checks when I've got some spare time (looks in diary: Sunday is a good day for odd IT jobs.....)
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Fingers crossed for you. I can see this forum has a click button to add an image, which seems easier than it used to be way back when. :)
If the link is to an image that's on social media, it can only be seen if someone's a member of that SM.
(I dont know if there are any free and open image hosting sites now.)
Edit: I found this which may be useful advice if the forum can't host its own photos. https://makeawebsitehub.com/free-photo-hosting/
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Doone wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:03 pm Social media has its place, there's allsorts to cater for all sorts! So Instagram will be useful. :)

The forum itself could become more lively (which would also drive more traffic to Ian's business), if it had better photo capability on the forum itself.
Is there any way of achieving that?
Exactly, that's the aim (as well as me quite enjoying myself), gain more club members, advertise Bongoland and benefits of membership.
I have just been offered a members discount code from Fuel Lagoon, who provide the blackout windscreen blinds. This is what I was hoping would happen, the more popular it becomes. The more people notice things like 'member discount codes' on whichever platform, it will hopefully drum up more interest.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Doone wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 pm Fingers crossed for you. I can see this forum has a click button to add an image, which seems easier than it used to be way back when. :)
If the link is to an image that's on social media, it can only be seen if someone's a member of that SM.
(I dont know if there are any free and open image hosting sites now.)
Edit: I found this which may be useful advice if the forum can't host its own photos. https://makeawebsitehub.com/free-photo-hosting/
I've started a new discussion about this at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77306
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Bongo Chat”