Stoplock Pro Elite - does it fit Bongos?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

LooiLooi
Apprentice Bongonaut

Stoplock Pro Elite - does it fit Bongos?

Post by LooiLooi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:24 am

Hi there,

I’m new to the forum, so hello everyone!

Due to the recent high number of campervan thefts in our borough (Waltham Forest in London), we want to make our Bongo as secure as we can and having read the excellent reviews on the Stoplock Elite Pro this seems to be a great and cost-effective solution. However, having checked their fitting guide, they don’t include Bongos in their Mazda section, so has anyone bought a Stoplock Pro Elite for their Bongo and does it fit?

Many thanks.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Stoplock Pro Elite - does it fit Bongos?

Post by Bob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi, welcome aboard. 8)

I can't see why it wouldn't fit, and if buying from your local car accessory shop no doubt you could pop out and try it, but for the price I'd look at the Stoplok:

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKC ... k4QAvD_BwE
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello Looilooi
I have a stoplock fitted to my bongo, not the elite pro although they look the same, mine has a small flashing LED in the lock casing as a further deterant. Fits perfect and is a great visual deterant.
Sven
Bongonaut

Post by Sven » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi,
Yes it fits. We have one on our bongo.
Its smaller than the disclok - easier to take with us and use when out & about. But still has very good reviews for security.
LooiLooi
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by LooiLooi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi Sven, Roy and Bob,

Thank you all very much for your quick and very helpful replies - they are much appreciated!
We can now order the lock with the confidence that it fits.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:26 am

LooiLooi wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:36 pm Hi Sven, Roy and Bob,

Thank you all very much for your quick and very helpful replies - they are much appreciated!
We can now order the lock with the confidence that it fits.
Just make sure the vehicle has the standard steering wheel.
bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Stoplock Pro Elite - does it fit Bongos? And exhaust sensor.

Post by bongoDHG » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 pm

Have just bought a very nice Bongo - now trying to make it secure. I am told that it is not worth buying an immobiliser as thieves can easily deal with it. Does anyone know if one can get an immobiliser that is reasonably priced, easy to fit, and works?
Also regarding the Stoplock Pro Elite - I believe frolm posts and other websites that this is the best and sturdiest and delays thieves for at least 5 minutes whereas other locks may only do so for seconds.
However the last post about the standard steering wheel worries me. Do all petrol automatic 2L Friendees have standard steering wheels?

One more point - have a lit warning light for the exhaust sensor (Lambard). Is the spare part (which seems difficult to order) easy to fit? I believe the part costs £210 or so? Could it mean that my exhaust has a leak?
Thanks for any advice.
Dave
nth
Bongolier

Re: Stoplock Pro Elite - does it fit Bongos? And exhaust sensor.

Post by nth » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm

bongoDHG wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 pm Have just bought a very nice Bongo - now trying to make it secure. I am told that it is not worth buying an immobiliser as thieves can easily deal with it.
Any immobiliser or steering wheel lock can be dealt with, its more about how much it can slow someone down to make it not worth it.
I would say its definitely worth having an immobiliser fitted and on the petrol models (if properly fitted) they are a bit harder to bypass.
Ideally you want a combined alarm & immobiliser.
If looking at a steering wheel lock check what type of lock barrel its has, you ideally want one with a disc detainer type core, the ones with the round tubular type keys & locks are ridiculously easy to unlock with very cheap tools that can be bought online & used with practically no skill at all.

EDIT: Just had a look at this Stoplock Pro Elite & it does appear to have a disc detainer core.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoDHG » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:43 pm

Many thanks all - have bought the Elite Pro lock and it fits fine!
Dave
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Fri May 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Just thought i’d add in that Aldi’s have these stoplock pro elites in just now for £30
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
ever after.
Bongolier

Post by ever after. » Sun May 09, 2021 11:47 am

nth wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:50 pm Just thought i’d add in that Aldi’s have these stoplock pro elites in just now for £30
They certainly do, I picked up one yesterday for €30 and it fits like a glove

Return to “Bongo Chat”