Instagram!

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Stevievee
Bongolier

Instagram!

Post by Stevievee » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 pm

After a discussion with Ian, it has been decided that it may be beneficial for the club to have an Instagram page. I have started the page this afternoon and it is proving quite popular, gaining near 100 followers in the first few hours. Ian has agreed to post details on the forum for people to add their own photos, advice and adventures, that can be posted on the page for others to view.
This is still in the early stages and more details will follow shortly, but I wanted to clarify that this is a genuine Bongo Fury Instagram page.

For anybody already on Instagram and interested please follow @Bongo_Fury_Official
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Instagram!

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:13 pm

Yep, it's genuine! Thanks to Steve for setting it up. Like he says, more info to follow.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:38 pm

I've just been chatting with Steve about this. We're following each other on there. Who knows where we're going. 😉 https://www.instagram.com/allansvehicleservices/
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 pm

Instagram is a strange place. But if it gets the message out there...... :D
Winnie-bongo
Bongonaut

Post by Winnie-bongo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 pm

I am only on there as a method of putting up my Bongo pictures, as since photobucket became awkward I thought it might be a way of sharing to forums but alas it doesn't seem to be. On the other hand if you want to see the three different sets of door speakers, different subs, cloth mx5 seats then leather heated I have fitted pop over and have a look 🚐
Thanks Steve and Ian for setting it up 🚐
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:16 pm

For anybody not on Instagram, but wanting to show off their Bongo's, or give advice, hints or tips. Please email some photos (no more than 5 per post please) plus a caption and I will add these to the page. If you don't put a caption, I will add one myself. My email address is: [email protected]

For members already on Instagram, I am reposting (with author permission) some of the posts that I think are useful and interesting to others. If you have anything that you would like me to repost message me: @Bongo_Fury_Official

Due to copyright laws, please ensure that any photos you wish to post are your own.

Thanks
Steve
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Good work Agent 22252! I have now posted an announcement in the Admin & Club Matters section, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77301

I'll also put the same message in the Guidance section.
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi all
Whilst I can appreciate the merits of social media, I am afraid it's not for me, being in the minority I know, I am almost proud to say I dont have facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. Sadly I fear these mediums may become the death of great forums such as this, those like me will either have to adapt or fall behind I guess.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Rather with you there.

No Faceache, Twatter, or owt else for me, but fair play setting it up, and I wish the new system well. 8)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:27 pm

I've followed it, whatever that means. I might be able to find a few pictures to add :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:39 pm

Open up the shoe box, Muz.

Always enjoy your pics. :)
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Roy748 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:01 pm Hi all
Whilst I can appreciate the merits of social media, I am afraid it's not for me, being in the minority I know, I am almost proud to say I dont have facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. Sadly I fear these mediums may become the death of great forums such as this, those like me will either have to adapt or fall behind I guess.
I totally understand what you’re saying. I know a lot of people use the Facebook page and have moved away from this forum somewhat. I hope it doesn’t have a negative impact like that.

I don’t have Facebook or Twitter... I like Instagram as it more about photos and pictures... Give it a go, you might like it! We’ll drag you kicking and screaming, rather than leave you to fall behind!! Same goes for you Bob! :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm

Thanks. :D
ever after.
Bongolier

Post by ever after. » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:25 pm

Bob wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:06 pm Rather with you there.

No Faceache, Twatter, or owt else for me, but fair play setting it up, and I wish the new system well. 8)
Same here, not my cup of tea.

I can't even click into the instagram photos to view them without having an instagram account :roll:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:38 pm

Mates keep telling me I need Zoom, Whatsnapchat, you name it...

I seem to plod on. :wink:

Return to “Bongo Chat”