Wild camping

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Roy748
Bongolier

Wild camping

Post by Roy748 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi all
With all that is going on at present the chance to really appreciated the versatility of my bongo is rather limited. Wanting to get at least a night away my partner and I thought we would try wild camping. Found a beautiful place with striking views over looking the English channel coupled with a walk along the cliff top.
We were not alone in our desire to get away as 3 other campervans joined us. Striking up a conversation one camper mentioned an app that list places to stay over night around the UK and Europe. She had not so long ago returned from solo travelling around Europe using this app
The app is called park4night, having downloaded it I can see it is definitely going to prove useful and allow us to use "winston" as he intended.
We have made enquiries about campsites, but with many informing us the amenities will be closed and we must therefore provide our own, wild camping seems a much better option.
We have sources an appropriate collapsible toilet and a 12v rechargable submersible water pump shower so are set for many nights away.
I have even bought a 20ltr jerry can which I fill with water and then heat using a solar water heater I made, therefore providing plenty of hot water for showering.
It maybe some time before we are back to a degree of former normality but with apps like this the great love of bongoing lives on.
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Wild camping

Post by Doone » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:07 am

The popularity of campers has increased recently, maybe because more people appreciate their versatility. Where there's a will theres a way! Enjoy!
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:39 pm

I'm looking forward to normality to resume once again in September onwards, the SE countryside/coastal areas are absolutely packed.......not fun, I am a young Meldrew though. Been giving Park4Night a wide berth as popularity has exploded together with inconsiderate wild campers, booze and littering....hopefully off to Greece soon for some peace and quiet. :D
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Sounds good.

We've booked a short break, near home, just to get the caravan out and check her over, along with some different walks and change of scene.

Bongy lives at home and has been out once a week, shopping and give him a run, but the carqvan is in storage and hasn't been seen since January. :(

Small family run site so hopefull quiet, looks like plenty of space on their web site. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”