Back to Bongo?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

gasace
Bongolier

Back to Bongo?

Post by gasace » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:36 am

Hi everyone, we had a Bongo before, but traded it for a full motorhome, now we have got a caravan but we miss having a van for days out so we are thinking of getting another bongo. Does anyone know if the petrol Bongos comply with the London ultra low emission zone? Also what sort of MPG do they give, the old diesel 4X4 did 24 MPG on a good day and I am hoping for a bit better than that.

Many thanks

John
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Back to Bongo?

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:59 pm

No Bongo complies with the ULEZ unfortunately no matter what engine is fitted :-(
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
gasace
Bongolier

Post by gasace » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 pm

g8dhe wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:59 pm No Bongo complies with the ULEZ unfortunately no matter what engine is fitted :-(
Thanks, it looks like I may have to get something else, shame I really loved the bongo
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Post by JulesMartin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:06 pm

gasace wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 pm
g8dhe wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:59 pm No Bongo complies with the ULEZ unfortunately no matter what engine is fitted :-(
Thanks, it looks like I may have to get something else, shame I really loved the bongo
That's a shame do you visit London that often that it's a show stopper? I'm not sure there are many other options that would comply with the London ULEZ it is very strict.
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
gasace
Bongolier

Post by gasace » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:40 pm

JulesMartin wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:06 pm
gasace wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 pm
That's a shame do you visit London that often that it's a show stopper? I'm not sure there are many other options that would comply with the London ULEZ it is very strict.
Our daughter lives inside the ULEZ also we are in Southampton and the council is desperate for a zone to bring the money in, so we may be banned here as well soon. I have looked around and there is nothing as good as a Bongo that I can afford. I did like the Nissan Elgrand, but it cannot tow legally, also that may apply to the Bongo as well. I did tow a lot with the Bongo I had but have since learned that it may not be legal, due to grey imports not having GTW listed on the data plate.

Return to “Bongo Chat”