It has been a while but the bongo is still great

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

sotal
Supreme Being

It has been a while but the bongo is still great

Post by sotal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:58 pm

It has been almost a year since we last camped in the bongo, but just had a lovely week away. (The bongo is a daily driver though, and has been quite a workhorse this year!)

The campsite was geared up to be covid safe, so was running a 50% capacity but it did mean there was no showers or toilets too.

We took the Porta potty but the wife had never liked carrying it in the bongo so I made some brackets to attach a large box that we had for keeping wellies in, onto the bike rack. Ended up with the toilet, the chemicals, 4 fold up chairs, the breathable awning carpet and the BBQ in the box.

The shower ended up being a 5L water bottle with holes cut in the lid. Quite refreshing with the heat we had!

Now I just have to worry about the MOT that is booked in this week.

I know the exhaust needs a section replacing, and I have the section to go in. I'm hoping the rust is all superficial as it seems to be a constant battle. Various clunking noises at the front seem to be getting louder too. I'm reckoning the brakes might be getting a bit low too. Could be a busy week ahead!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: It has been a while but the bongo is still great

Post by Bob » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:34 am

We've used a watering can as a shower in the past.

Almost fill with cold, add a kettle of hot, and it's just enough for two if you're frugal. 8)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:01 am

Just to be accurate,
Was it a wide rose for two to stand under, or a partly blocked rose that took a while to empty or a very large can.😁
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Standard watering can and rose.

One pours, one washes - you don't need a lot to get wet, stop pouring then lather up, rinse.

Change places. :wink:

Used to use this method in our old tent, just roll back ground sheet.

You could make a cubicle by fixing a cloth round Bongy's tailgate with magnets and pegging down.

Return to “Bongo Chat”