Where is the best place to sell my bongo? It does need a repair.

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

klmwong
Apprentice Bongonaut

Where is the best place to sell my bongo? It does need a repair.

Post by klmwong » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi everyone, I am after some information.

My bongo needs a repair but the garage said today that they cant source a new heater pipe that goes from the radiator towards the back of the bongo. I am trying to find one myself.

However, if I cant find one, where would you suggest the best place to sell a bongo that needs a repair. You cant drive it without the repair because the water reservoir in the radiator just leaks out of the corroded pipes underneath. It's a S reg and we have had it 15 years and I dont want to scrap it. Maybe it just needs a new owner who has the time and inclination to repair it but I dont know where they would be looking for a bongo. Any ideas? Maybe I could part-ex it if I buy another car? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Where is the best place to sell my bongo? It does need a repair.

Post by g8dhe » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:49 am

You haven't told us the engine type but all the hoses are usually available from the shop start by identifying the hose for the right engine type and then select the hose https://bongoland.co.uk/product-categor ... and-pipes/
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Where is the best place to sell my bongo? It does need a repair.

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:33 pm

If it's the one to the rear heater it can be blanked off.

Easy and cheap. :wink:

Edit: Obvious thing, but make certain it's bled properly. If the garage can't source the part they may not know this. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”