jcsswcampervans & Jap performance imports (ebay)

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

nesty
Junior Bongonaut

jcsswcampervans & Jap performance imports (ebay)

Post by nesty » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi All

I appreciate that this may have been previously discussed on here under the below thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70666&start=30

I am starting to re-kindle my interest in looking for a Campervan for 2022. Naturally, the Bongo is in my attention, but I admit have been looking at some other jap grey import models, as well.

I noticed in my search, 2 companies in particular JCS SW LTD (jcsswcampervans) and Jap performance imports, both based in Bristol, selling Bongos on ebay and other grey imports, at much higher prices in supposedly good condition, it seems like a father and son own the 2 businesses, which is touched upon in the thread above from a few years ago.

However, I have discovered this thread below, which is dated this year and they have been taken to court a few times, seemingly difficult to deal with post sale.

https://thebristolcable.org/2021/03/maz ... an-seller/

I thought might be worthwhile mentioning, if anyone on here starts looking at Bongos? Or indeed, if anyone on here has some positive transactions with these businesses?
oibaf
Bongolier

Re: jcsswcampervans & Jap performance imports (ebay)

Post by oibaf » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:40 pm

Would be worth doing a search on the forum here, I've read some stories about some seller and it wasn't good...could be what you've found.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: jcsswcampervans & Jap performance imports (ebay)

Post by g8dhe » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:12 pm

If you do a search you will find there has been a lot of discussion relating to this firm and its former incarnations! Bristol Bob and JCS(SW) are the keywords needed! See here https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum ... mit=Search
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Bongo Chat”