LPG conversion !

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Re: LPG conversion !

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Still very impressed with my Prins system from AJC Classics. The MPG seems very similar, based on litres used, just the costs that have gone down. My filler is in the bumper but on one side as I have towbar, rear step and fog light inset in bumper which does not much space elsewhere. Only pain in the neck is the difficulty in finding LPG.

Just had a MOT under the new system, full emmission test for the first time and the readings are fantastic. Never had any trouble before, but its one less potential problem.

The lack of a spare does worry me though. I carry a can of Slime and an inflator, which is fine for everything but a blow out. So its fingers crossed on that.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
bongodonkey
Tribal Elder

Re: LPG conversion !

Post by bongodonkey » Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 am

We have had our LPG conversion since we bought our first bongo and have never looked back.

To put it into context we did a tour of France last year, paying motorway prices for LPG. After over 6000kms in 15 days our fuel bill came to just shy of £590 for the gas. I then did a quick sum with the cost of French motorway petrol and if we were using petrol the same milage would of set us back in excess of £900 :shock: :shock: . If we had been a bit more savvy and found the large French hypermarkets at the edges of the large towns we would of saved an average of 4cents per litre on lpg than on the motorways!

We also have come a cropper with a a blowout. We had full recovery, but because we weren't carrying a spare, a 90 mile recovery cost us £350........totally turned over. Needless to say I won't be using the 'breakdown' cover with our insurance when it comes to renewal time. I will get the AA or RAC and ensure I am at least carrying a spare somewhere. [-X

Anyhow. T'bongo is now sold and is going to a good home. :D :D
In the process of ordering a new one :lol: :mrgreen: - hence the interest in LPG converters in the South.
Oz, Sam & the girls | 2001 V6 AFT | LPG | 321Away F/S/C | A Bongo called OLIVE

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”