V power diesel

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

duchess
Apprentice Bongonaut

V power diesel

Post by duchess » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi

Can I use V power in my freda ?

Just thinking about the fuel issues right now!

cheers

Jilly
Duchess alias Jilly the freda\bongo lover

4WD Ford Freda XLT Auto Free Top, burgundy and silver
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Re: V power diesel

Post by Poohbear » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Why wouldn't you be able to? It's a higher grade fuel (diesel or petrol) so if you can afford it you could use it all the time. :?
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

A tank full of the relevant V-Power every so often is said to work wonders for cleaning the fuel system and injectors.

V-Power diesel is completely different from any other diesel fuel as it is produced by a "Gas to Oil" process, not distilled from heavy crude oil.

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr ... bout/#tab3
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:17 pm

I've been hearing reports that filling stations have 'only got V Power left'.

Not a bad wheeze when people have been queueing down the road and only find out when they get to the pump.

Who is going to drive out without purchasing after sitting in a queue and with the prospect of doing it all over again somewhere else?

I had a lucky break today. Went into Tesco and found an offer of 2 x 5 litres of Sunflower for £10.

I'm calling it 'S Power cooking oil', although the calorific value stated is the same as their rapeseed (3700).

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Diplomat wrote:I've been hearing reports that filling stations have 'only got V Power left'.

Not a bad wheeze when people have been queueing down the road and only find out when they get to the pump.
You can hardly blame the garages for all the panicking idiots filling up with the cheaper stuff. Idiots calling in to fill up so often and only getting 2 litres in before it's full :twisted: - brainless!!! :roll: :roll:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Post by Poohbear » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

I really can't believe how many stupid people we have in this country. You couldn't get in to our Tesco today to do any shopping because the access road was blocked by people queuing for the petrol station. Next week we'll all be able fill up easily because the idiots won't be able to get any more in their tanks! :roll: :roll:

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”