Rev Worries V6

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Re: Rev Worries V6

Post by Bogmonster40 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:23 pm

mikeWalsall wrote:Mine is OK when leaving home and going for a run .. it's more of a low speed problem while in stop start traffic when it first switches over to gas ..
This is exactly what happens to mine.
To give an update - It has been checked over by my LPG installer and it is giving excellent performance and nothing is showing up as a problem. They gave everything a look over though to be certain.
I have a full service booked in on Friday so they can give everything else the once over.

As for warming it up, my Bongo is on my drive engine running for a min of 5 / 10 mins every morning - and dont worry there is absolutely no danger of someone stealing it as I am out of the way and have a set of in-penetrable gates :lol:

I will print this page off though and give it to my mechanic for him to rule out your suggestions "Hopefully".....
V6 2.5i Tintop Aero Petrol/LPG
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 am

I suspect it is just the nature of lpg systems. An lpg converted V8 3.9 Range Rover I owned for five years pre Bongo stalled while changing to lpg at exactly the same traffic lights as the Bongo does. Different system, different converter same problem. That was too old to have a catalyst, so no Lambda sensor. Again it was dependent on outside temperature, the colder the worse the problem.

I never found a technical solution, just driving style. Keeping the revs up at the vital changeover point. Worth it for the difference in fuel price, especially with a guzzling Rangie. The only thing to make the Bongo look an economical runaround. :roll:
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:38 pm

I took my car to the LPG centre in Ystrad who found an oil leak and said the filter is probably full of oil. He said if I got the oil leak sorted first then take it back to him he would change the filter.
Had the service done on the car, everything was ok except they found oil in my spark plug chambers and both gaskets were gone hence the leak ?? wish I could tell you which ones, all I know is one was in stock in Newport Mazda for £35 and the other had to be ordered from Japan at a cost of £42. This is more than likely what has been giving me my problems lately.....
V6 2.5i Tintop Aero Petrol/LPG

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”