Tank range? Diesel.

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: Tank range? Diesel.

Post by Diplomat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Some of us still have our odometer in km even though our speedo is in mph :wink:

Here's a thought, perhaps the people who are getting unbelievable mpg don't realise that it isn't reading miles!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 am

Hi
David:
No truer a word spoken....if you want MPG, buy a wee Suzuki WagonR+ great vehicles, but a Bongo is quite possibly one of the most useful vehicles in terms of useability for your bucks . In real terms I don't think the Bongo is thirsty at all, and you will always notice it in a car-park as it isn't shaped like a jelly mould...all Eurocars are getting closer and closer in style...all part of the great plan....all cars will be made in the same plant, and when a customer comes along, they just add the badge at the showroom, but with different colours for different nations...French have real colours for their Euroblobs, and Germans have greyish silver..drab and boring
Frank:
SSSssshhhh...don't tell 'em that....if everyone who thinks they're getting great gas mileage (as they say in the old colonies), let 'em believe it....else there will be stacks of Bongos suddenly for sale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
NathanDp
Bongonaut

Post by NathanDp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Muzorewa wrote:The low fuel light came in at 1998 or so, S reg late old-shape and all new-shape.

Ours easily does 600km on a tank on a run, I think about 630 was the best we ever dared. But you do have a self-priming fuel system so you can just stick more in if you run out, takes a good few seconds cranking to get it going but should be ok.

We just returned from Skipton to Manchester with the low fuel light on, about 45 miles so there's plenty in there when the light comes on :wink: Took 62 litres to fill, so still not empty. Having said that, the wife panics as soon as the light comes on and sticks a tenner in at the first available garage :lol:
I have one in my 1998 R. It's SO lame though!
98, AFT, FULLY LOADED.
corrour
Bongolier

Post by corrour » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Best i have ever risked was Newark notts to Fort William 387 miles
Just starting to cough as i rolled in to Morrisons filled up to top with 64 litres
That was close and i only did it to save 5p a litre by not getting at Tyndrum

Carry a can. (Not spam Muzz) #-o
I would walk 500 miles.
99 Tinted tintop
Supplied and looked after by Bongospares
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 pm

64 litres is cutting it fine. About 50 miles after the low fuel light comes on (if you have one) is your lot :wink:

But if you carry a can of Spam, you've something to eat while the wife walks to the nearest garage :twisted:

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”