mpg?

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

Nutcase
Bongolier

mpg?

Post by Nutcase » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 am

Hi guys, filled the freeda 2.5td to the brim last week, did 94.1 miles, refilled to brim 13.5 ltrs which eqautes to 31mpg, the drove to aslow as dare go (ran out of fuel the week before lol) and got 400mile which then means 27mp as ive read the tank holds 65 ltrs.

The driving wa mostly rural with both fill ups but why the overall difference, my mate has an auto which he says does28mpg every time, mine is manual so I would of thought a better overall mpg, its due a service, coul this be why.?

Cheers
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: mpg?

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:30 pm

I wouldn't take too much notice of 65 litres tank size as I dont think that takes into account the capacity in the filler neck and all associated pipe work. The only reliable method is to brim it again as you have done before. Lots of factors can result in difference between different vehicles: weight, AFT/tintop, tyre pressures, general condition of engine, 2WD/4WD, etc. If you got 31 mpg I think you're doing better than most people :)
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi - are you sure it was 400 miles not KM? My Speedo reads in MPH but the odometer records in KM. I thought I was getting fantastic MPG until I realised :lol: :lol:
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Nutcase
Bongolier

Post by Nutcase » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm

It's a tintop Freeda 107,000 miles and yeh speedo reads in mph and also miles, ive checked it many times with sat navigation and it's accurate to within a tenth of a mile which was a relief like you say if it was kilometres then I'd have to set fire to it lol. But saying that I'm well chuffed with it so far especially the 4x4,it goes anywhere off road and I can't wait to go camping with the family an kids, bring it on lol. Just wish the mpg was slightly better, ive gone from 55 to 27 mpg in the car change and I can feel the pain in the pocket lol
windywatson
Tribal Elder

Post by windywatson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 pm

The MPG is the price you pay to own such a versitile vehicle, yes there are many new vehicle doing in excess of 50 mpg. But what the hell they wont have the fun we have with our vehicles.
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

And anyone who really worries about mpg in the bongo may be owning the wrong vehicle,lol.
Nutcase
Bongolier

Post by Nutcase » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:36 pm

When it's not raining I do alot of miles on my 1982 Honda c50,brilliant,

I'm not worried about the mpg atall, last year I had a audi allroad an that was sh"te on fuel aswell but the bongo suits one of my hobbies (metal detecting) and also the holiday bus, Perfick me thinks, could do with a raising roof though lol.

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”