LPG problems

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

jonnyred
Bongonaut

LPG problems

Post by jonnyred » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:12 pm

Just checking to see if anyone else has any LPG problems, I bought mine with an LPG conversion but its constantly playing up. I will be taking it back to the supplier as they serviced the LPG in February i bought it in April and its played up ever since. It frequently plays up and switches back over to petrol on a hill. I have the donut tank and i need to find out full capacity, Filled up on Saturday in Axminster Devon, got a mile down the road and it beeped to change back over, Came home Sunday had to keep switching between the petrol and LPG, hit the M5 did a steady 65 all the way back to Bristol on the LPG fine. Came off at Portishead beeped and had to switch back to petrol and then would not go back on gas but i knew it couldnt be out of gas as we had only done 70 miles or 110 Km. Paeked up for 2 hours at home then went out again, straight on LPG ! Its infutiating. Anyone else with LPG have the same ?
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, in midi side conversion 2002 LPG V6, solar panel
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: LPG problems

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:49 pm

The fuel gauge float / sender is also the LPG shut off valve ..maybe some thing to do with it's set up .. or the floats actuating arm is bent ..??
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”