Effect of soot build up in oil ? (Diesel)

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: Effect of soot build up in oil ? (Diesel)

Post by BongoBongo123 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 pm

That is good to hear Joe as both felt free running and quite "light" though I do tend to warm the engines up first before I drain it out.

What I did notice is the petrol engine oil truly reeked of petrol.. very very strong vapours, probably would have went up if I put a flame near it.
In contrast the diesel oil smelt of very little. Of course I am not putting my nose near this to have a sniff :^o [-X but it was very obvious as I had to try and move away from the super strong vapours from the petrol engine oil when pouring into an old container.

Also a little word of warning, I got lucky. I very nearly got a splash of used oil in my eye when pouring, saved only by my glasses. :oops: I never thought I would get a splash like that when gently pouring (Must have been a little air lock/bubble in my funnel) and goes to show accidents can happen at any moment when you least expect. I was very lucky I had my glasses on otherwise that would have been a nasty direct hit in the eye. So lesson learned and I bought a pair of good quality 3M safety goggles that I will now wear each and every time I pour old oil into a container.

Like these:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/ ... 106&rt=rud
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Depending on requirements you can get bi- focal safety glasses for about £12.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm Depending on requirements you can get bi- focal safety glasses for about £12.
I've got a pair. Fantastic and wouldn't be without them
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm Depending on requirements you can get bi- focal safety glasses for about £12.
I'm lucky I don't need a white stick.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am

I can also recommend those 3M safety goggles, really nicely made, crystal clear, comfortable rubber seals and go over my fairly narrow frames without any problems.

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”