Goodbye Adrian Flux

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Goodbye Adrian Flux

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 pm

That is half the battle - most of the answers are out there, but the secret is in asking the right question :).
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:27 pm

roosmith wrote:Ha, I tried Googling it but couldn't find the answer! Better Googling skills obviously!

It helps when one has an Actuary in the family.

:D :D
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:16 pm

teenmal wrote:
roosmith wrote:Ha, I tried Googling it but couldn't find the answer! Better Googling skills obviously!

It helps when one has an Actuary in the family.

:D :D
The irony being that I had to look up Actuary on Google!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
GPO BOY
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by GPO BOY » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Hiya guys
Tried to get insurance transferred from my old Elgrand to my new Bongo, wont bore with the tale of woe suffice to say that I just cancelled my insurance with Adian Flux as they were unable to insure my 2004 2.0lt petrol, they said it was OK if it was a campervan? or only had 6 seats.
I went on to explain that the Aero MPV has7/8 seats but no way would they insure and 8 seater. So I went with Lifesure and got a wonderful quote and service. =D> for just under £300. I have since contacted Adrian Flux to suggest they update their listing to include newer Bongo Aero models.
Ted
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:01 pm

GPO BOY wrote:Hiya guys
Tried to get insurance transferred from my old Elgrand to my new Bongo, wont bore with the tale of woe suffice to say that I just cancelled my insurance with Adian Flux as they were unable to insure my 2004 2.0lt petrol, they said it was OK if it was a campervan? or only had 6 seats.
I went on to explain that the Aero MPV has7/8 seats but no way would they insure and 8 seater. So I went with Lifesure and got a wonderful quote and service. =D> for just under £300. I have since contacted Adrian Flux to suggest they update their listing to include newer Bongo Aero models.
Ted

It would be interesting to know what Insurance Company your new Broker found you.

Good Luck.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:36 am

roosmith wrote:Is there any end to your general knowledge Rita?!

Do not want to sound boring but it was actually Yourself that told us that Highway is part of the Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company group a little while back.(the mysteries of the mind)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 am

rita wrote:
roosmith wrote:Is there any end to your general knowledge Rita?!

Do not want to sound boring but it was actually Yourself that told us that Highway is part of the Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company group a little while back.(the mysteries of the mind)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh jesus, really! That makes me feel so much worse on this of all days - my birthday. Old and forgetful!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am

Dont feel bad,you have a nice Birthday.

Lang May Yer Lum Reek.
windywatson
Tribal Elder

Post by windywatson » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Been with lifesure for 7 years with mine as a camper with full side conversion. Mine cost £240 excluding legal cover (which I have with another policy). Brilliant price considering it includes UK & European break down cover & home start.
Out of interest for other members, I use a company called GEM as my breakdown cover for my other Bongo & family car & motor bike. In fact it covers me & not the vehicle which is useful. Any way GEM include accident management & legal cover as part of their breakdown service. This enables me to not have to pay for that on any of my other vehicle insurance policies. So the savings means it pays for its self.
My 8 seater V6 Tin top is with Aviva for £240.

cheers
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:56 pm

We were with GEM for years and very happy with them.

Only changed to RAC as they provide the best caravan cover linked with the C&CC.
richlizard
Bongolier

Post by richlizard » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:04 pm

I just went to Lifesure and had a long conversation with them after receiving what I thought was a horrendous quote from Adrian Flux.

They ended up more expensive than AF and said they don't even do European cover now.

Adrian Flux it is then.
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:54 pm

2gether beat my Flux quote for me Land Rover and my Bongo by £100 each, so its best to shop around

Return to “Insurance”