Learning to Fly....or why I bought a Bongo 13 years ago

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Learning to Fly....or why I bought a Bongo 13 years ago

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:14 pm

Some of the old Bongo hands out there may recall, but a principle use I planned to put my Bongo to when I bought it 13+ years ago was camping out at airfields when pursuing my passion for gliding. Back then me and my musical partner also played a set at a few of the Bongo meets. Now I'm retired I've been getting into recording stuff and couldn't resist putting gliding and music together and adapting this classic Tom Petty song, which came out around the time I was doing just that. I've uploaded other songs also (and will do more) on Soundcloud but thought this one might bring back memories for some.

https://soundcloud.com/mobbing_it_up/le ... ic-the-mob

Hope you like it and please share if you do (seems a shame to do all that work and not put it out there). And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Learning to Fly....or why I bought a Bongo 13 years ago

Post by Bob » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Happy days Mike. 8)

Where did those years go? :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Bob wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm Happy days Mike. 8)

Where did those years go? :lol:
They flew??

Boom boom (soniç boom). Best wishes to you and Sue for Christmas and New Year xx
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Dohhh...

Very best to you and Trish. :D
Sven
Bongonaut

Post by Sven » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Very good - i enjoyed that :D =D> =D> =D>
One of my favourite songs ...& i also had my first glider flight a couple of months ago!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Beware the flying bug.

You'll be having a lot of fun from here on. :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Sven wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:02 pm Very good - i enjoyed that :D =D> =D> =D>
One of my favourite songs ...& i also had my first glider flight a couple of months ago!
Excellent & really pleased you enjoyed it. If you do get the bug, be assured there are few experiences on earth more awesome than soaring under clouds, circling with hawks, rising to heights of 20,000ft and all without an engine. It was easy to get inspired over a tweaked lyric and Tom Petty is an all time fave of mine, one of the best rock and roll song writers ever. So please feel free to share.
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Post by JulesMartin » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:30 am

Nice one Mike, well done. Have a great Christmas and a very happy new year. Only a few months into my Bongo and still smiling thanks to your and quite a few others interventions and assistance. Love this forum such nice people of which you, Ian, Bob and a notable few others are the best. Hope to meet up with you all on a meet one day in 2020
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:39 am

JulesMartin wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:30 am Nice one Mike, well done. Have a great Christmas and a very happy new year. Only a few months into my Bongo and still smiling thanks to your and quite a few others interventions and assistance. Love this forum such nice people of which you, Ian, Bob and a notable few others are the best. Hope to meet up with you all on a meet one day in 2020
Excellent and v pleased you're loving the Bongo - there's nothing else quite does all that they do. And yes I have to spend on welding each year (my great mechanic Adrian at Japandirect always points out they weld Toyota gauge steel in where they've cut corrosion out as Maxda gauge is crap ha ha). And yes the head went 9 years in to ownership and for no obvious reason. But i can do all basic stuff on it myself and when i review overall cost to purchase (£3700) and cost of keeping it on the road, let alone all the amazing things its allowed me to do, its been cheap to own and its never (touch wood) broken down or failed to start at the touch of a key in all those years. Amazing. I love so many of its (unique) features but perhaps the one that is most useful everydsy is the electric blinds. I put them down every time i park and instantly deny prying eyes a glimpse inside. I don't know of any other car i could do that in. I think owners just have to understand that whilst its a classic its old and needs an attentive owner who doesnt expect just a cheap trouble free car (even new cars can throw horrendous bills).

Share that song link if you like it. i want to become an OAP Rock God then I can go on tour in me Bongo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/mobbing_it_up is the link where anyone can view the collection of stuff I'm uploading and i hope to add a new one every week or two (though i think 3hrs is the nax you can do free so the show will have to stop then).

And best wishes to you and yours for Christmas and New Year also.

Mike
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Post by JulesMartin » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:25 am

OAP's Rock all the time :D :D :D A Very merry Christmas to you Mike and all your family
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:12 pm

JulesMartin wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:25 am OAP's Rock all the time :D :D :D A Very merry Christmas to you Mike and all your family
And to you and yours too. Too old to rock, too young to die ohhhhhh yes 😆
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Nice one Mike, all the best and happy Christmas/New year.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:43 pm

BongoBongo123 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:58 pm Nice one Mike, all the best and happy Christmas/New year.
And to you too bb123 :D 8)

Return to “Off Message”