Update September meet Scotland

Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Update September meet Scotland

Post by Bongopoet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 am

The meet will be at Glenmore Lodge Campsite, Weekend of September 2nd-4th.

This is a camping and caravan club/Forest holiday club site. A standard pitch is £15.50 per night and with electric hook-up is £20.50 per night; non members pay £3.50 per person more.

I will be booking a number of pitches today and if anyone else wishes to join us please let me know so I can add you to the group. Or feel free to book your own place. Let me know if you wish Electric hook up.

Details of the site can be found at:-
http://camping.forestholidays.co.uk/cam ... nmore.aspx

Looking forward to seeing lots of people there!
Chrissy
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Update September meet Scotland

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 am

Definitely Team Muz for Friday & Saturday night with electric. Let me know what to do over payment etc :wink:

Will there be any midges?
Forest + summer + Scotland = midge-heaven :(
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

Ok will book you in.
As for midges the answer to that is probably. But as I am a midgy magnet I will be properly testing oout the Smidge this summer and so will let you know if it really works, because nothing else does as far as I am concerned not even skin so soft! :cry:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 am

Paul, you will find few if any midges in the Cairngorms in September. You can always check the midge forcast out. http://2010.midgeforecast.co.uk/

Has anyone been to this camping site before and remembers something about the layout? So that we can all be together like we were in Glencoe last year I would prefer that we all went with hookups or all did without them. I don't fancy us being spread all over the site as we have been on too many meets this year.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 am

Sounds good. will check family diary and book directly with site assuming we are free. With a bit of luck, and a light breeze the midges should be kept away [-o<
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:30 am

dunslair wrote:Sounds good. will check family diary and book directly with site assuming we are free. With a bit of luck, and a light breeze the midges should be kept away [-o<

The site have a person who deals with bookings for more than ten vans, so I am trying to get a hold of her. So if you do book I would mention that you want to be at that the other side of the campsite from us! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:38 am

Bongopoet wrote:
dunslair wrote:Sounds good. will check family diary and book directly with site assuming we are free. With a bit of luck, and a light breeze the midges should be kept away [-o<

The site have a person who deals with bookings for more than ten vans, so I am trying to get a hold of her. So if you do book I would mention that you want to be at that the other side of the campsite from us! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: On the other hand I could have plenty of entertainment watching our two kids causing chaos amongst the well bahaved and well mannered bongo gang :wink: On a good day they make the bash street kids look quite angelic....... :shock: :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

Looks good for a trip up Cairn Gorm on the mountain railway - higher than Snowdon :D
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 am

Highest railway 'station' in the UK.
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:50 pm

highest awarded beach in britain at 300 metres above sea level.

MountainGoat wrote:
Has anyone been to this camping site before and remembers something about the layout?
Tony
stayed at this site a couple of years back.
from what i remember there should be plenty of space to set up a wagon train

all the same but different
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

MountainGoat wrote: I don't fancy us being spread all over the site as we have been on too many meets this year.

Tony

I am trying to get a hold of the lady who organises multiple bookings so that we can all be together rather than spread about.
So far I am booking for ten bongos preferably with electric hook up. Having looked at a map of the campsite both hook up and without should be available next to each other

Chrissy
buntytw26

Post by buntytw26 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Damn, we would have loved to join in but I have a weekend booked in to Grantown on Spey that weekend as it is the motorshow thing then. I can try to pop round in my MX5 though. Does that count??
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 pm

buntytw26 wrote:Damn, we would have loved to join in but I have a weekend booked in to Grantown on Spey that weekend as it is the motorshow thing then. I can try to pop round in my MX5 though. Does that count??
Yeah I think we will let you visit, or more to the point we can visit the car show!
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:59 am

I used Smidge when on the West Highland Way this week and it obviously worked as I don't have any bites.

Paul
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:48 pm

I sent an email to the Forest Camping holiday office and with the request for booking. I said that some people were wanting different lengths of stay. Her reply is below

Hi Chrissy,

I have attached a group booking form for you, however I think that you will probably find it easier if everyone is staying for different lengths of time etc to book individually.

We can never guarantee that you will all be able to pitch together but once you have all booked you are more than welcome to email me all the booking references and I will let the site know that you have requested to all go together.

Many thanks,

Katie

The link below will take you to the website so that you can book for yourselves and then if you pm me your booking references I will forward them to her nearer the time so we can all be close together.

http://camping.forestholidays.co.uk/cam ... nning.aspx

I hope this is ok with everyone
Chrissy.

Return to “Scotland”