Bongo friendly garage in Glasgow

Shaklin

Bongo friendly garage in Glasgow

Post by Shaklin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 pm

I stay in Scotstoun (G14 in Glasgow) and am looking for a garage in the vicinity that works on Bongos. Nothing urgent for myself at the moment, but my son also has a Bongo that has a fuel leak which needs attention. Thanks in advance.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo friendly garage in Glasgow

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Check out Steviebongo's post a few days ago he should be able to recommend one for you, he used to have a Bongo himself and is a mechanic.

Tony

Hi there I'm in Glasgow which garage r u going too I may be able to help I work in the biggest Mazda/ford dealer in the country.

Stevie
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Shaklin

Post by Shaklin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 am

Stevie,

I'm under the impression that the Mazda garage will be expensive, and not that keen to work on converted Bongo campervans. What do you think? Someone in another forum recommended an independent garage, McGarry Hogg, at Anniesland Business Park.
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Did somebody mention my name :lol: ,.I used to stay in scotstoun and work in machargs,we're more than happy to work on bongo's or Freda's and have done .they will do a free health check for u with no obligation and can get original parts fairly quickly.

Cheers stevie
Shaklin

Post by Shaklin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks Stevie. I take it you are still at Machargs, though not in Scotstoun. I've bought a previous car from Macharg's and they did persevere with an engine block/radiator leak until they finally ran it down. So that's good. Do you think their charges are as reasonable as an independent garage that's used to Bongos?
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah still there ,the charge oot rate is about average for a main dealer £70 plus vat but as I said they will do a free health check which includes oil top up and tyre pressures etc etc with no obligation at least you'll no what state the vans in for free cant be that bad :D and I do probably all the vans that come in anyway ,having owned both diesel and the 2.0l petrol one so I no a wee bit about them :D

Cheers stevie
bonog
Bongolier

Post by bonog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Shaklin wrote:Stevie,

I'm under the impression that the Mazda garage will be expensive, and not that keen to work on converted Bongo campervans. What do you think? Someone in another forum recommended an independent garage, McGarry Hogg, at Anniesland Business Park.
I rang McGarry Hogg on Monday morning when I was desperately trying to find a garage to look at my Bongo's coolant leak issue which left me stranded in Glasgow over the weekend and beyond. Paul there said they might be able to look at it on Wednesday! They may have had staffing issues but not really that helpful in a crisis TBH .
You wanna buy DVD?
Darren Turnbull
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Darren Turnbull » Wed May 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Hey I'm from perth Scotland just bought a Ford freda and looking for a garage as close as possible that no there way round 1 as I've got a empty gearbox and need it looked at and every1s telling me something different

Return to “Scotland”