Hawick Bongo Dealer

8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Re: Hawick Bongo Dealer

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:47 pm

brucey1 wrote:I think that's what I will do Rich , I suggested going down this morning but apparently looking at 20 year old camper vans is not what you do on mothers day :lol:
Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day outiing..
Mcfluff1984
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Mcfluff1984 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:47 am

I went to see this guy and I would be very wary about buying anything from him. I personally felt.he tries to hide a lot of problems from you and it's not until you start digging the truth is uncovered.

They are priced cheap for a reason.
brucey1
Junior Bongonaut

Post by brucey1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:40 pm

I wondered if anyone on here had viewed any of his vans , I ended up not bothering , I didn't like the sound of him when I spoke to him on the phone .ive still not got a van yet , think I will need to keep saving , I want something relatively rust free .
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:48 pm

We have 'Gut Feelings' for good reasons.

If he didn't sound right on the phone you're most likely well out of it. Yours will show up. :)
Mcfluff1984
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Mcfluff1984 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 am

He also tried telling me he sold 7 in the week I was there. Many of the 7 he flagged as being sold have since reappeard on Gumtree, which suggests he lied or the buyers pulled out. Neither would surprise me.

I ended up putting down a deposit on fresh import from Calder Campers, yes it costed me slightly more, however they come across as a very friendly reliable dealership, with the added bonus of 3 years warranty. I would highly recommend them.
albongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by albongo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Hello!

Went a jaunt down to Hawick a few weeks ago to see his vans. He wasn't there but his vans were.

they are NOT in good condition. The one we had earmarked as "the good one" was in actual fact in a terrible state. All his vans are left sitting in the elements, no attempt to keep dry or washed or anything.

Not one of them was in anywhere near a decent condition.

Save yourselves the hassle.

:)
BongoBongoBongoBongo!!!

Return to “Scotland”