Servicing in the Region - list on page 1

Moderator: francophile1947

Ovingtonbongo

Re: Servicing in the Region

Post by Ovingtonbongo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi just found this post and wanted to recommend Andys Imports, 1 Quarry Road, Honingham south of Norwich for sales and servicing. Bought my 1999 2L Aero Conversion from Andy earlier this year and very satisfied.
Darcy

Post by Darcy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:49 am

Just spoke to the people at MOT & Service Centre, Hatfield Peveral & they said the Bongo expert had moved on. From previous posts, I presume this to be Lac who was at AL Motors. The mechanic I spoke to said they could still deal with Bongo's, it's just that this guy was recommended in the previous post so I was hoping to get hold of him.
Has anyone got any contact details for him?
Gannet
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Gannet » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Just returned from holiday in Norfolk over Bank Holiday. Had a problem with brakes. Went on forum and found Andy's Imports near Norwich. What a gem of a guy!

Arranged to take Bongo in at first opportunity. Not only did he stop what he was doing but cleared out workshop to get vehicle on ramps and proceeded to talk Bongos for the next hour while his mate stripped brakes and replaced rear pads there and then. Even offered a cup of tea while I chatted. Some nice Bongos in yard and some quality conversions being fitted by the looks of it.

After an enjoyable hour time to settle up. Sharp intake of breath expecting the worst I needed the smelling salts to revive me when he quoted a ridiculously low price. One very happy punter. Sadly I can't justify the fuel from Devon to visit this guy more often.

Thanks again Andy
TrickyBongo
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Servicing in the Region - list on page 1

Post by TrickyBongo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Just got my leaking crank seal and cam belt changed at -
Quick Fix Ltd
1 Runwell road
Wickford
SS11 7BZ
01268 767300

did a very quick job over the Xmas holiday period, and after they conferred with both Andy, (of Andy's Imports) and Auto Jap Spares they decided the job in future should only take 7 hours max, so that's the labour i was charged. i'm happy with that.
They had a good look around the van whilst they had it, and said they would be happy to work on them again.
Klunk
Bongonaut

Post by Klunk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 am

Took old Brigitte over to Andys Imports this week for a full service and Waxoyl. Got to say they are a lovely bunch of guys and keen Bongomen. Because I purchased Brigitte without any (apart from word of mouth) history I asked them to also check out the Cam-belt. They had a look and it seems fairly new. They fixed loose top hose that had not been fitted properly and even fitted one of those footstool seats behind the passenger seat as mine was missing...Free of charge. New pads, new link bars, one front and one rear and all for a fair price. He also has identified another leaking pipe, this one the metal one from rear heater to rad. Did not want to touch it as could have done more harm than good but it looks like it needs replacing, just need to find one! Anyway all in all I'm more than happy with his service and price and will be back soon with a nice new pipe :D =D>
Bongo A person or animal that has deep rooted psychological or mental illness.
Klunk
Bongonaut

Post by Klunk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Any Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth Bongo owners here?

I'm looking for a Bingo friendly garage close to home to do my servicing. Have used Andy's Imports over the other side of Norwich before and they are very good but it's a heck of a long way and I'd have to leave the old girl there all week, so I'm looking for something closer to home. Any ideas folks?
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Klunk wrote:Any Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth Bongo owners here?

I'm looking for a Bingo friendly garage close to home to do my servicing. Have used Andy's Imports over the other side of Norwich before and they are very good but it's a heck of a long way and I'd have to leave the old girl there all week, so I'm looking for something closer to home. Any ideas folks?
Have a look at first post on this thread - one in Acle and one in Great Yarmouth.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
johnnybee
Bongonaut

Post by johnnybee » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi All,
I realise I have been very lapse in updating things.
Lac who was the Bongo Expert at AL Motors and Hatfield Peveral MOT centre has gone back into business for himself.
He can be contacted at;
LA Cars, 16 Warner Drive, Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree, Essex, CM7 2YW.
01376 528079.
He is still very good with Bongo's and still looks after mine.
Hope this helps.
Johnny Bee.
Klunk
Bongonaut

Post by Klunk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi, sorry for delay in getting back. Manic life, bla bla bla...

Anyhow I have found a garage in Lowestoft, Pakefield Motors who reckon they have serviced Bongo's in the past and even done head changes. They estimate a full service to come to about £280 including parts and VAT. This is about the same as Andy's at Norwich but saves me personally the two hours trek there and back.

I'll be trying these guys out in a few weeks, so fingers crossed. [-o<
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 am

Morning all
Just had my cambelt and diff oils done in Peterborough
Associated Car Commercial Ltd

ACC Ltd
Unit 9
Lime square business park
Saville rd
Westwood
Peterborough
Pe3 7pr
01733 268686

Took my bongo to me old land rover garage
Said can you do me cambelt
He laughed and said I woundt know where to start
Took me 2 units up to above guy's

Booked me in next day
I said might have limited slip diff doors that need diff oil
Saidnot a prob all tech info is on me data base

Jjob done soon tiimme. Phone call say ready.
Niccce guuys
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
John_H
Bongonaut

Post by John_H » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi All - new member here, just wanted to see if ESSEX was covered by Eastern region.

I'm looking for a knowledgeable garage near to Southend-on-Sea if anyone can help, please.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Nearest would seem to be LA Cars, 16 Warner Drive, Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree, Essex, CM7 2YW.
01376 528079.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
John_H
Bongonaut

Post by John_H » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:30 pm

francophile1947 wrote:Nearest would seem to be LA Cars, 16 Warner Drive, Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree, Essex, CM7 2YW.
01376 528079.
Thanks John =D> not so bad, about 25 miles away .. I'll give them a call next week. :)
John_H
Bongonaut

Post by John_H » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Top marks to Lac @ LA Cars
Had a service, coolant change, a wiring issue sorted and fitted a tow-bar recently
Very pleased with the result. \:D/

Return to “Eastern Counties”